Hi to everyone.
I just installed Modular IV and run into files "DeeKey2.pre" and "DeeKey2.dev" in the installation CDROM. What are they for? Do I need to copy them to somewhere?
Since Modular IV did not seem to have any installation guide I just copied deekey2 files to the Modular IV folders where other .dev / .pre reside but that did not seem to be the right location since they did not work as presets in the modular interface.
I wish that Sonic Core would include some sort of installation guide. Now I just had to go with guesswork but luckily it seemed to work.
DeeKey2.pre and DeeKey2.dev
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: DeeKey2.pre and DeeKey2.dev
I have the files installed as follows :
c:\program files\SCOPE PCI\Presets\DeeKey.pre
c:\program files\SCOPE PCI\Devices\Modular4\DeeKey.dev
c:\program files\SCOPE PCI\Presets\DeeKey.pre
c:\program files\SCOPE PCI\Devices\Modular4\DeeKey.dev
-
peksi
- Posts: 126
- Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:41 am
Re: DeeKey2.pre and DeeKey2.dev
Thanks.
When I load the deekey2 under Modular IV it prompts me for DeeKey.pre. If I browse to the DeeKey2.pre that was included I get a warning message that DeeKey2.pre contains presets where only 98.55% are compatible. This sounds not very alarming but just in case you know more about this..
When I load the deekey2 under Modular IV it prompts me for DeeKey.pre. If I browse to the DeeKey2.pre that was included I get a warning message that DeeKey2.pre contains presets where only 98.55% are compatible. This sounds not very alarming but just in case you know more about this..
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: DeeKey2.pre and DeeKey2.dev
No. Ignore the presets not 100% compatible messages. I always do and everything still works.
-
peksi
- Posts: 126
- Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:41 am
Re: DeeKey2.pre and DeeKey2.dev
Ok and many thanks for helping.
- wouterz
- Posts: 344
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:23 am
Re: DeeKey2.pre and DeeKey2.dev
Is DeeKey2 a device? When I try to load it my Scope software crashes.
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: DeeKey2.pre and DeeKey2.dev
I don't even use it's worthless Ass. It never was needed for my rig and Mod IV is working just fine w/o it.
-
niceboy
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:51 am
Re: DeeKey2.pre and DeeKey2.dev
Hi whats up .dawman wrote:I don't even use it's worthless Ass. It never was needed for my rig and Mod IV is working just fine w/o it.
Is Xited gone or what.
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: DeeKey2.pre and DeeKey2.dev
DeeKey2 from memory was an electric piano preset (or 'device' in ModIV terminology which is a packaged ModIV layout).