Media player quit working

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

winger

Media player quit working

Post by winger »

I have had scope 5.1 64 bit running for several months. I have been able to use media player via wave device with no problems. After booting the system yesterday media player says there is a problem with the sound device, may be in use blah blah blah. Control panel sounds says pulsar II is my playback device.

I tried deleting the devices from the device manager and rebooted, still no good. I remember having this problem before but I am too old to remember the solution. Does any one know how to fix it and avoid it from happening again.
mark winger
garyb

Re: Media player quit working

Post by garyb »

no it can't be stopped it's windows and how it works.

click on the speaker icon near the clock and select the working wave driver(speaker) in playback devices. it's number two on my laptop, so be sure you have wave source 2 in the project, wired to the mixer...
winger

Post by winger »

I don't have system access right now look at what you said to do, later today. But please clarify what you meany by 'it can't be stopped it's windows and how it works". Do the devices change so a setup that has been working suddenly stops requiring you to choose a different device?
mark winger
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, it can happen. update, new program, or....

it's a computer. it's unbelievably freaking complicated.