Xite-1 D Ongoing Problems
-
bigdealz
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:04 pm
- Location: Australia
- Contact:
Xite-1 D Ongoing Problems
I purchased a new Xite 1-D in February of this year. I also purchased a new PC, as per the specs on the SC website.
I had some issues with it and Gary B helped a lot in getting it all working (thank you Gary). It worked fine for a while but then it started crashing again. A midi filter in the routing window seemed to help but in the last 2 months it has been crashing again, even with clients! The first message is usually "copy protection violation" followed by a series of other messages.
I have no idea what is wrong and it has become really frustrating.
Just wondering if anyone else had these sorts of issues with the Xite products?
I had some issues with it and Gary B helped a lot in getting it all working (thank you Gary). It worked fine for a while but then it started crashing again. A midi filter in the routing window seemed to help but in the last 2 months it has been crashing again, even with clients! The first message is usually "copy protection violation" followed by a series of other messages.
I have no idea what is wrong and it has become really frustrating.
Just wondering if anyone else had these sorts of issues with the Xite products?
-
jksuperstar
- Posts: 1638
- Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:57 pm
Re: Xite-1 D Ongoing Problems
Do yo use a laptop or desktop? Can the cable wiggle?
The only time I've gotten copyright protection warnings is when my laptop expresscard wiggles out of place, or the mini-hdmi cable gets knocked loose. Then the scope system suddenly looses communication, and also authentication, and throws up the warning screen.
I have an XITE-1, but don't think it'd be any different.
The only time I've gotten copyright protection warnings is when my laptop expresscard wiggles out of place, or the mini-hdmi cable gets knocked loose. Then the scope system suddenly looses communication, and also authentication, and throws up the warning screen.
I have an XITE-1, but don't think it'd be any different.
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: Xite-1 D Ongoing Problems
I'm using XITE-1D on a rackmount PC and haven't had any issue like that.
-
bigdealz
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:04 pm
- Location: Australia
- Contact:
Re: Xite-1 D Ongoing Problems
It is a desktop pc so the cable is safely at the back and doesn't get moved. It works for about 15 minutes then it crashes.
It just crashed now and I got a screenshot of the message. It seems to be about midi but I have tried loading Scope without any midi cables attached - usb midi and the standard midi cable through the xite 1D - but it still crashes.
It just crashed now and I got a screenshot of the message. It seems to be about midi but I have tried loading Scope without any midi cables attached - usb midi and the standard midi cable through the xite 1D - but it still crashes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- garyb
- Moderator
- Posts: 23474
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: ghetto by the sea
Re: Xite-1 D Ongoing Problems
bad power supply or hdmi cable, most likely.....
-
xite knight
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 7:24 am
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Xite-1 D Ongoing Problems
I used to get that copy violation message frequently. To make a long story short, the problem diappeared after I made sure that all my studio equipment (in particular the xite and the pc) is connected to only one (grounded) power strip.
Cheers
-
bigdealz
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:04 pm
- Location: Australia
- Contact:
Re: Xite-1 D Ongoing Problems
Yes, it seems to be power related, so I am checking that now. Hopefully, that's what the problem is.
- siriusbliss
- Posts: 3118
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Cupertino, California US
- Contact:
Re: Xite-1 D Ongoing Problems
yes, most likely.garyb wrote:bad power supply or hdmi cable, most likely.....
Greg
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: Xite-1 D Ongoing Problems
bigdealz, can you confirm that this issue was a power supply problem ? I'm tracking these sorts of issues for a trouble shooting guide.
-
bigdealz
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:04 pm
- Location: Australia
- Contact:
Re: Xite-1 D Ongoing Problems
Sonic Core should be able to do that... it's on it's way back to Germany now as we speak. I'll let you know what they say, although I am also hoping to upgrade it to the Xite 1.
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: Xite-1 D Ongoing Problems
Ok keep us posted - good luck w/ the upgrade !
-
bigdealz
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:04 pm
- Location: Australia
- Contact:
Re: Xite-1 D Ongoing Problems
Thanks,
Have you heard of similar issues like mine?
Have you heard of similar issues like mine?
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: Xite-1 D Ongoing Problems
Yes, same error, but different causes.
- garyb
- Moderator
- Posts: 23474
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: ghetto by the sea
Re: Xite-1 D Ongoing Problems
that error will always manifest when the computer and the XITE stop communicating. there are several reasons for that to happen, but interrupted communication is pretty much the ONLY time you'll see that error.