Finally got my new Bass!!! (many pictures)

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

skwawks

Re: Finally got my new Bass!!! (many pictures)

Post by skwawks »

U.S. E-bay item number 110766135418 . This might be a good place to start looking except I like playing sitting down now and I've got the feeling this might not sit on my leg well , still I always did like the look of those steinbergs . I dont want to spend a lot and because I'm a lefty from a country with a small population I've had to develope an attitude of " well thats all there is so lets see what we can do with what we've got " So now I can browse the world I should be able to get something O.K. for around four or five hundred . Once it's time to do it I'll just check everyday till something good comes up and then pounce . No point in preconceived ideas is there . What I really like these days is that there is good quality gear out there at really reasonable prices . That Raven West blem I bought ,see the guitar pix Page , Is a nice player . I had to realign the bridge just a little bit but the pups sound great ,nice action and she's quite pretty . I think she was about three fifty , it's crazy in a great way . You like getting under hood too ,thats all you gotta do really isn't it ,get your hands a bit dirty and it's really satisfying and infuriating and frightening and fun . Stewart Macdonald have a really good newsletter you can sign up where they take you through a repair procedure they've just done , It's really to sell their tools and materials but the luthier has some great tips and I'm sure you'd enjoy it . They'll post you a catalogue too if you want , sit down with a coffee and look at the tools and bit's and pieces , great fun :D