upgrade from scope V5.0 to V5.1?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

andredai

upgrade from scope V5.0 to V5.1?

Post by andredai »

Hello + merry Xmas to everyone!

Can I upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 easily (just run the setup file and install 5.1 into old directory)? Do I need to ask for new key file? I have WinXP pro and 3 + 6 dsp cards.

Thanks
ARCADIOS

Re: upgrade from scope V5.0 to V5.1?

Post by ARCADIOS »

merrry christmas neighbour!! ΓΕΙΑ ΣΟΥ, ΘΑ ΣΟΥ ΤΑ ΠΩ ΣΤΑ ΑΓΓΛΙΚΑ.....

You will have to install in an other directory.
after running scope 5.1 it will ask for keyfile. copy paste the request string to an email you will send to support@soniccore.de.
they will email you back the 5.1 keyfile and it will be fast i believe.

in my case they support always fast and friendly.....

faster would have been if they had an automatic responce from their site.... but anyway....
...... they will answer soon. not more than 1 day i believe.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

is it worth doing? my xite is quite stable now, i don't want problems.
kyunghwee

Post by kyunghwee »

Unless you're planning on migrating to Windows 7 64-bit (assuming your current version of XP is 32-bit as most of us), I don't think you'll see anything new in V5.1.

Of course, 64-bit computing is the future (and present for some & in increasing numbers as I'm very tempted to do so as 64-bit driver has been finally released for my PCI cards) so if you're going to head in that direction, you'll be ready by getting V5.1.

But if you're still working with XP in 32-bit like myself, I don't believe there's anything new in the new version.

Good luck!
CarvinGuitarFreak

Post by CarvinGuitarFreak »

Hi,

Kyunghwee is right. For me, these are the long awiated for 64bit drivers and well worth the Christmas deal (which is still on, it seems) price. Hopefully it will secure the Scope platform's future. I didn't buy 5.0 so I don't know if anything new is included in 5.1?

Anyhow, I going to order Mod4 if the deal is still on ;)

Laters,
CGF
(o)==][;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;;;,,,..
********CARVIN GUITARS RULE*********
..,,,;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,;;;;;;;][==(o)
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

kyunghwee wrote:Unless you're planning on migrating to Windows 7 64-bit (assuming your current version of XP is 32-bit as most of us), I don't think you'll see anything new in V5.1.

Of course, 64-bit computing is the future (and present for some & in increasing numbers as I'm very tempted to do so as 64-bit driver has been finally released for my PCI cards) so if you're going to head in that direction, you'll be ready by getting V5.1.

But if you're still working with XP in 32-bit like myself, I don't believe there's anything new in the new version.

Good luck!
Well i would like to use 64 bit, all my other stuff is now compatible, and i have an evga SR-2 on the way which would be a bit wasted on 32 bit :). I just dont want to install everything, and then find out it does not work properly.