Xite-1 and A16 Ultra expandability
-
auricle
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:59 am
- Location: Moscow
Xite-1 and A16 Ultra expandability
Hi all,
I have an A16 Ultra connected to my Xite-1 via Z-Link. I have my Mac connected to the Xite-1 via ADAT.
I would like to connect another A16 to the Xite so would it be possible to connect the second A16 via ADAT lightpipe to the first A16 and have access to the extra I/O in Scope?
I have an A16 Ultra connected to my Xite-1 via Z-Link. I have my Mac connected to the Xite-1 via ADAT.
I would like to connect another A16 to the Xite so would it be possible to connect the second A16 via ADAT lightpipe to the first A16 and have access to the extra I/O in Scope?
- garyb
- Moderator
- Posts: 23474
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: ghetto by the sea
Re: Xite-1 and A16 Ultra expandability
no, sorry. it doesn't work like that. i guess it's back to harrassing S|C... 
-
auricle
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:59 am
- Location: Moscow
Re: Xite-1 and A16 Ultra expandability
dammit.garyb wrote:no, sorry. it doesn't work like that. i guess it's back to harrassing S|C...
Cheers, Gary
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: Xite-1 and A16 Ultra expandability
I also think that large studios would be very interested in seeing more expandability.
The mic pres are fine for live and home project studio work, and the AES/EBU is great, but I have seen more and more high end hardware w/AES/EBU, and the XITE-1 would be a real pleasure to have an expansion port for this.
32 ADAT I/O w/ 16 x SMUX,and AES/EBU 16 x AES/EBU or 8 AES/EBU @ 192 would be awesome.
Bring It On..
The mic pres are fine for live and home project studio work, and the AES/EBU is great, but I have seen more and more high end hardware w/AES/EBU, and the XITE-1 would be a real pleasure to have an expansion port for this.
32 ADAT I/O w/ 16 x SMUX,and AES/EBU 16 x AES/EBU or 8 AES/EBU @ 192 would be awesome.
Bring It On..
-
auricle
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:59 am
- Location: Moscow
Re: Xite-1 and A16 Ultra expandability
Yep, would be good. I just need extra inputs for my hardware so I can mix it in Scope.XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:I also think that large studios would be very interested in seeing more expandability.
The mic pres are fine for live and home project studio work, and the AES/EBU is great, but I have seen more and more high end hardware w/AES/EBU, and the XITE-1 would be a real pleasure to have an expansion port for this.
32 ADAT I/O w/ 16 x SMUX,and AES/EBU 16 x AES/EBU or 8 AES/EBU @ 192 would be awesome.
Bring It On..
Would it be theoretically possible for SC to use the XTDM port for an I/O breakout box?
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
- garyb
- Moderator
- Posts: 23474
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: ghetto by the sea
Re: Xite-1 and A16 Ultra expandability
that's the plan. maybe mlan, even...
let S|C know.
let S|C know.
-
Marvin
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:00 pm
Re: Xite-1 and A16 Ultra expandability
Well, I think it IS possible!auricle wrote:dammit.garyb wrote:no, sorry. it doesn't work like that. i guess it's back to harrassing S|C...
Cheers, Gary
Because you can switch the inputs on the Z-Link connected A16 from analog to the ADAT lightpipes (via the Sample Rate Button, shows up the mode via the LEDs, reeding "ADAT" or "ANLG", see pics)
So you could add another A16 via ADAT, switch the first A16 to "ADAT" and there you are, running the analog inputs from the second A16 to its ADAT outputs, going into the ADAT inputs of the first A16 and through ist Z-Link conections into the Xite-1.
I use this feature quite often, runs like a charm!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: Xite-1 and A16 Ultra expandability
Nice idea......
Love the KSP8 too.
Love the KSP8 too.
- garyb
- Moderator
- Posts: 23474
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: ghetto by the sea
Re: Xite-1 and A16 Ultra expandability
sure, but there are still the same number of i/o in Scope. it's either/or...Marvin wrote:Well, I think it IS possible!auricle wrote:dammit.garyb wrote:no, sorry. it doesn't work like that. i guess it's back to harrassing S|C...
Cheers, Gary
Because you can switch the inputs on the Z-Link connected A16 from analog to the ADAT lightpipes (via the Sample Rate Button, shows up the mode via the LEDs, reeding "ADAT" or "ANLG", see pics)
So you could add another A16 via ADAT, switch the first A16 to "ADAT" and there you are, running the analog inputs from the second A16 to its ADAT outputs, going into the ADAT inputs of the first A16 and through ist Z-Link conections into the Xite-1.
I use this feature quite often, runs like a charm!
-
auricle
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:59 am
- Location: Moscow
Re: Xite-1 and A16 Ultra expandability
Indeed. I need 32 I/O of the two A16 boxes PLUS the 16 I/0 of the Xite adat I/O
-
Marvin
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:00 pm
Re: Xite-1 and A16 Ultra expandability
So you mean simultanously? Ok, that is indeed not possible. But otherwise you can easily switch between the inputs. If you need to have the machines plugged into both A16 playing all together, just record the first set and then the others, the rest is DAW.auricle wrote:Indeed. I need 32 I/O of the two A16 boxes PLUS the 16 I/0 of the Xite adat I/O