Before I chuck some serious 'hard earned' at the XITE-1 could someone confirm the following as I could do without any nasty surprises;
1. Can an A16U or ADAT I/O unit be plugged into the XITE - I need to support a number of bits of outboard!
2. What's the approx cable length between the host card and the unit?
Thanks in advance,
Si
Couple of questions before the wallet comes out!
- grappa
- Posts: 223
- Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:00 pm
- Location: In a hard town by the sea....
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: Couple of questions before the wallet comes out!
Yes
36 inches app.
The Analog I/O's are of such a good quality I plugged my EML-101 into them.
The mic pres are great for live work too.
I have 2 x A16's I don't even use now.
I am sure when I decide to mix an entire live show again I will bring them, but just for gigging, I have no need.
Congrats.......
What PC config did you decide on, and whats up with the BC Modular fix....
36 inches app.
The Analog I/O's are of such a good quality I plugged my EML-101 into them.
The mic pres are great for live work too.
I have 2 x A16's I don't even use now.
I am sure when I decide to mix an entire live show again I will bring them, but just for gigging, I have no need.
Congrats.......
What PC config did you decide on, and whats up with the BC Modular fix....
- garyb
- Moderator
- Posts: 23474
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: ghetto by the sea
Re: Couple of questions before the wallet comes out!
further...
there are BOTH 2x adat lightpipe(16 channels) AND z-link on the XITE.
the cable is 1 meter, but any high quality hdmi cable can be used up to 10 meters in length, possibly longer with a repeater(amplifier).
there are BOTH 2x adat lightpipe(16 channels) AND z-link on the XITE.
the cable is 1 meter, but any high quality hdmi cable can be used up to 10 meters in length, possibly longer with a repeater(amplifier).
-
auricle
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:59 am
- Location: Moscow
Re: Couple of questions before the wallet comes out!
I can confirm both of these points.
I have plugged my MOTU Traveller Mk3 (connected to my Mac) to the Xite-1 via four optical cables and they work together really well.
I also bought a 3 metre HDMI cable as the stock 1 metre was way too short for the layout of my room - again, it works really well.
I have plugged my MOTU Traveller Mk3 (connected to my Mac) to the Xite-1 via four optical cables and they work together really well.
I also bought a 3 metre HDMI cable as the stock 1 metre was way too short for the layout of my room - again, it works really well.
- grappa
- Posts: 223
- Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:00 pm
- Location: In a hard town by the sea....
Re: Couple of questions before the wallet comes out!
Thanks guys - we're going to go for it!
Jimmy: I've posted the machine details in the tech area - just a little concerned about the mobo to be honest. On the BCM front I pm'd Sharc a while ago as I hit a bit of a brick wall - he's very busy at the mo but is going to get a sample patch over to me and more details of the 14 bit mode config - I'll post as soon as I get it.
Si
Jimmy: I've posted the machine details in the tech area - just a little concerned about the mobo to be honest. On the BCM front I pm'd Sharc a while ago as I hit a bit of a brick wall - he's very busy at the mo but is going to get a sample patch over to me and more details of the 14 bit mode config - I'll post as soon as I get it.
Si
- Neutron
- Posts: 2274
- Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Great white north eh
- Contact:
Re: Couple of questions before the wallet comes out!
36 inches? the cable i got was more than that, 5 or 6 feet.
-
CroNiX
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Couple of questions before the wallet comes out!
Same here.Neutron wrote:36 inches? the cable i got was more than that, 5 or 6 feet.
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: Couple of questions before the wallet comes out!
The company has more money now..........Neutron wrote:36 inches? the cable i got was more than that, 5 or 6 feet.
- siriusbliss
- Posts: 3118
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Cupertino, California US
- Contact:
Re: Couple of questions before the wallet comes out!
...or a cheaper supplier...XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:The company has more money now..........Neutron wrote:36 inches? the cable i got was more than that, 5 or 6 feet.
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
Re: Couple of questions before the wallet comes out!
He'll Be Here All Night.........................Hey try the Veal.