SCOPE 5.1

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

katano

Re: SCOPE 5.1

Post by katano »

No, he meant the public beta for propellerhead record...
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

ok :roll:

if there is a beta scope v5 64 bits I'm ready to try it ! :D
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

babaorum wrote:ok :roll:

if there is a beta scope v5 64 bits I'm ready to try it ! :D
not yet, but 'soon'...

Greg
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

Well here it is July, and still no promised Scope 64, and my Xite-1 is no better than a doorstop to me.

Maybe August? Maybe never?

I'm getting real close to giving up and putting my Scope cards and Xite on Ebay, so they can be useful to those who don't need to operate in 64 bit.

What a disappointment that such a well crafted piece of hardware should be rendered useless by such lame software support and/or customer communication.
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
dawman

Post by dawman »

That's too bad JD, can't say I blame you.
Having one of them on ebay would be a major mistake for S|C.
Especially from such a patient classy customer.
I was looking forward to having someone be the Guinnea Pig becasue I know you actualy use 64bit and not just for extra RAM.................Damn.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

You DO realize that as soon as you sell the Xite, the 64-bit drivers will arrive. :)

That's how it usually works out.

...and have you yet tried running Scope in W7 64-bit? It's working here. :D

Greg
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

You have Scope running in Win7/64? How?
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
xite knight

Post by xite knight »

For those who may find it significant, I received an updated key file for my xite last Thursday. In the updated key file, SC seems to have prepared me with a key for:

"+ 5FGEZX30M SC SCOPE v5.1 Application"
Cheers
dawman

Post by dawman »

That's a good sign.
That'll boost the selling prices for them on ebay now..
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

I'll hold my water for a bit longer. Not that I've become a believer overnight, but laziness and procrastination will account for a few weeks anyway.
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
dawman

Post by dawman »

You're OK JD, and honest as the day is long................ :lol:
I was going to sell My hardware Solaris and XITE-1 to finance a trip to Pakistan to hunt for Bin Laden and collect 25 million for a clean shot, trouble is, I heard he's been in DC making videos for the CIA.....
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

xite knight wrote:For those who may find it significant, I received an updated key file for my xite last Thursday. In the updated key file, SC seems to have prepared me with a key for:

"+ 5FGEZX30M SC SCOPE v5.1 Application"

Sonic Core definitely makes mistakes like that. I received a key for Modular 4 by accident before it was released. After Mod 4's release i reported the accident S|C made to them and told them i would pay for Mod 4, but they where very generouse and nice about the situation and let me keep the key for free. They gave Modular 4 to me for free wich was a HUGE gift.. That type of behavior from them only made me want to spend more money with them. They really are a good group of people from my limited experience.
CroNiX

Post by CroNiX »

My Xite keyfile contain entries for 5.1 as well.

And yes, Sonic Core is a stand up company. When I received my Xite last week, there was a $117 delivery fee. I complained to SC about this as it was unexpected because I already paid them for shipping. I come to find out that it was US Customs who imposed this "import tax" (anything over $2,500 gets dinged) and SC had NOTHING to do with it, but SC gave me ModIV to "help ease the pain." This is a great company. It might be small and slower moving than some people would like, but I have confidence in them.

I do believe they are working on 5.1 and the SDK furiously. They're not dumb. Without the SDK no new devices can really be developed (or older plugins optimised to work correctly) to expand the platform and customers will leave. Who wants to only use plugins developed 10 years ago? Not that they are lacking or anything, but people want new and innovative devices. I seriously doubt they spent all of the RnD on building this beefy Xite only to let it die due to lack of a stable platform and no way to develop for it. It's the key to a successful product and without it they will go the way of Creamware. They know this better than anyone. Keep the faith... it will pay off in spades.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

johndunn wrote:You have Scope running in Win7/64? How?
It runs as a 32-bit app for now until the 64-bit drivers arrive.
It's been rock solid here in W7 Ultimate. (I decided to be the guinea pig).

By the way, it could be that SC only releases 64-bit ASIO drivers, while Scope itself remains a 32-bit app, since Scope doesn't need 16G RAM on big monolith 64-bit environment anyways. Let Scope DSP be used for throughput horsepower, which leaves the RAM available for big thirsty VSTi's nad host software.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
oxygenial

Post by oxygenial »

siriusbliss wrote: By the way, it could be that SC only releases 64-bit ASIO drivers, while Scope itself remains a 32-bit app, since Scope doesn't need 16G RAM on big monolith 64-bit environment anyways. Let Scope DSP be used for throughput horsepower, which leaves the RAM available for big thirsty VSTi's nad host software.

Greg

That would be well enough for most of us!
If they would only release the 64bit drivers, and the Scope 32bit environment works under a 64bit OS... most of us would be really ok with that!
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

I'd be fine with a Scope that ran in 32 bit on my Win7/64 system. Makes perfect sense. But I'm under the impression that Scope needs WHQ level drivers, which needs to be 64 bit on 64 bit Windows, 32 bit for 32 bit drivers. But, hell, I gave it a try anyway. No joy. I get an error almost immediately:

-jd
Algorithmic Arts
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Yes Siriusbliss, please explain your procedure. I'm installing a win7 64 bit on a ssd drive at the moment, and I'd like to try out the scope 32 bit on a 64 bit system as well. I got the same error message John got. I've searched for any workaround but there are none working. Did you just copy the folder from a 32 bit install then installed the drivers manually (how would it work..?).
You never ever BS here, it would be a world premiere ! Unless of course, you're a beta tester.... ;-)
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I 'cheated' and installed it on a 32-bit partition (W7 Ultimate), so that the other apps that can use the 64-bit can do so. :P
I just tried the install and it worked (scared the crap out of me), so please don't ask me how or what I did :lol:

Remember, with V 5.0.2617 we are ALL essentially still beta testers :D

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Thanks Greg, although I'm not sure I understood your reply (32 bit partition + a 64 bit one). Since I have both, I'll try something tomorow... but
I'm not sure you're not pulling my legs here but hey... :lol:
Micha

Post by Micha »

maybe right click setup.exe -> properties -> compatibility tab -> Run this program in compatibilty mode for windows XP (SP3) ?