Can't find DSP file VST PlugOut VxD - Please check installa

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

davesiddons

Can't find DSP file VST PlugOut VxD - Please check installa

Post by davesiddons »

OK guys.

Setup - Windows 7, Cubase 5.1.1, Scope 5 (installed as administrator). All installed in that order.

Scope works fine until you try XTC mode. When cubase starts to load some of the XTC plugins (seems to be all the softsynths and a few effects) you get this error ( Can't find DSP file VST PlugOut VxD - Please check installation)

If you run cubase as administrator then you do not see this error. Anyone know why as I don't think I should need to run cubase as admin.

Cheers
iSiStOy

Re: Can't find DSP file VST PlugOut VxD - Please check installa

Post by iSiStOy »

I'd bet on the contrary: maybe you should launch Cube as admin. :P
Here is explained how to change shortcut for it to be "automatic".
Or maybe you should deactivate this damn UAC permanently!
H-Rave

Re: Can't find DSP file VST PlugOut VxD - Please check insta

Post by H-Rave »

I got mine working ( Windows 7 Pro intel core2quad) By running Cubase 5 as administrator, I don't have to do it every time I've only done it once, I got rid of the Plugin information and the plugin blacklist i in the Cubase 5 application folder so it has to research all the plugins, which was a bit of a pain, but after a half an hour everything was perfect.I did the rename trick to get Profit 5 Interpole and MINIMAX in there. Brilliant.
Core2Quad Q9400 2.66Ghz, Asus P5Q EPU,Radeon HD4350 4Gb Ram,320Gb 7200Rpm,Windows 7 Pro 32 bit,Cubase 4+5,NI Komplete 5+6, Scope 5 - Mix&Master - Synth&Sampler,Pulsar II Classic - PulsarII XTC,.Core2duo 3.00Ghz.Presonus Firestudio Tascam FW1884