Old Pulsar2 with i7 DAW & Win7?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Hangee_77

Old Pulsar2 with i7 DAW & Win7?

Post by Hangee_77 »

Hi all,

I am planning to build a new i7 DAW with Windows7 OS.

Not sure if my old Pulsar2 & Luna2 cards will work on the new setting systems?

Please advice.

Thanks.

hc.
Fluxpod

Re: Old Pulsar2 with i7 DAW & Win7?

Post by Fluxpod »

I assume win7 32bit? If so you just need scope sfp5 and it will work.Scope 64 bit drivers are to be released soon.
Hangee_77

Post by Hangee_77 »

Hi,

I am actually going to run with 64bit on my new DAW.

Any idea when they gonna release the 64bit driver?..this summer?

It will save me some bucks if I can recycle my old Pulsar2 card but at the same time I don't want to wait too long too for the driver.

hc.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

64bit drivers will be released sometime soon...not sure when though exactly. I am also waiting on them and while they have been delayed quite a bit since they first announced it I am sure they are working hard to get them done. And far better to have them released when they are working properly than early and buggy.

If its any help I am running Scope 5 for XITE on Win 7 Pro 32bit and for the most part everything works fine. There are still a few things that need to be ironed out but one can work around those issues for now. Once the 64bit drivers are ready then I will try them out, but for now 32bit is fine. I know it will mean some more work resetting everything up on the 64bit partition, but pretty much will just need to do the main Scope install and then copy the various device preset and dsp folders straight over from the 32bt partition which saves a lot of time :)

Cheers
garyb

Post by garyb »

64bit is in beta test. it won't be long(relatively), barring disaster.
kyunghwee

Post by kyunghwee »

I've looked around many different DAW forums and there seem to be many posts regarding 64-bit compatibility issues...HW drivers, plug-ins, etc. I'm certainly not ready to jump onto x64 bandwagon quite yet.

System stability vs. x64 advantage, stability wins in my book all the time. But then again, I'm not real heavy into heavily loading up RAM either so I can live with 4G (well, more or less) RAM limit.
garyb

Post by garyb »

most can...
meisa

Post by meisa »

I don't know ...
valis

Post by valis »

kyunghwee wrote:I've looked around many different DAW forums and there seem to be many posts regarding 64-bit compatibility issues...HW drivers, plug-ins, etc. I'm certainly not ready to jump onto x64 bandwagon quite yet.

System stability vs. x64 advantage, stability wins in my book all the time. But then again, I'm not real heavy into heavily loading up RAM either so I can live with 4G (well, more or less) RAM limit.
Aside from the Scope driver issues, if your soundcard & any usb-based midi devices are compatible with 64bit Vista/Win7 then you are still fine running 32bit software and still benefit from having more overall system ram. There's a ton of compatibility issues with some DAW applications & 64bit plugins (others work just fine) but this is true on OSX as well so the whole audio industry is in a transition now. If XP is working fine though then why worry? Get some music done!