SCOPE 5 Wave for general Windows use?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kyunghwee

SCOPE 5 Wave for general Windows use?

Post by kyunghwee »

Been using SCOPE 5 for some time until recently when I had to do some audio mixing of Windows Media Player playback into SCOPE environment...so now I'm back to SCOPE 4.5.

A couple of things that I would like if SCOPE 5 gets updated again:
1. Being able to access Wave driver from general Windows applications (in 'Sounds and Audio Devices Properties' of Windows XP Control Panel, SCOPE 5 does not show up at all in default playback device list)
2. It may have been a bug in SCOPE 4.5, but I like the way it works when I connect STM 2448's Studio (Std) or Control Room (Ctrl) output, I don't have to select 'Mix' button to feed the signal. I know it makes more sense to have to actually choose what I'm trying to monitor...maybe the setting can be saved when the project is saved?

I'm not asking too much, am I? :P
garyb

Re: SCOPE 5 Wave for general Windows use?

Post by garyb »

no problem with #1 here.
kyunghwee

Post by kyunghwee »

Hmmm...let me try installing SCOPE 5 again then. I thought it was a rather odd problem myself since many of us disable on-board sound card anyway. :-?
kyunghwee

Post by kyunghwee »

Just tried installing SCOPE 5 again and the Wave device is still not showing up in Control Panel.... :-?

Any thoughts?
garyb

Post by garyb »

how many wave drivers are enabled in the device manager properties?

is that win7/vista? i've seen the driver reported to windows as "Scope Analog Source" in win7, even though it corresponds to the wave driver...
kyunghwee

Post by kyunghwee »

2 wave drivers as set by default...was same when I had SFP 4.5.
I'm on XP SP3.
garyb

Post by garyb »

dunno then. winxp sp3 here gives me Scope PCI Audio 01 and 02 as choices....
kyunghwee

Post by kyunghwee »

Before I installed SCOPE 5, I uninstalled SFP 4.5. Should I not have done that? Would that make any difference whether previous version is left or not? I was thinking SFP 4.5 might cause more harm than good by laying around while I migrate to SCOPE 5.
Anyone else having the same issue?
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

I had something similar - turned out that because I had two cards it had updated the drivers to my 14 DSP Booster but not my 6 DSP card (which is the one with all the I/Os - so no sound naturally). I went into the Device Manager and manually changed them and alll was fine.
kyunghwee

Re: SCOPE 5 Wave for general Windows use? [multi PCI card setup]

Post by kyunghwee »

Mr Arkadin wrote:I had something similar - turned out that because I had two cards it had updated the drivers to my 14 DSP Booster but not my 6 DSP card (which is the one with all the I/Os - so no sound naturally). I went into the Device Manager and manually changed them and alll was fine.
Ah, that did it! Thank you Mr Arkadin, you're a life saver! :D
I have 3 PCI cards and SCOPE 5 install only updated driver for PowerPulsar (Sonic Core Scope in Device Manager) and left the other two alone apparently and that was the cause for Wave devices not showing up. They still showed up as Creamware Pulsar & Creamware PulsarSRB...yes I'm still using these cards from 1999. So when I followed Mr Arkadin's suggestion of manually updating the driver for Creamware Pulsar (now showing up as Sonic Core Pulsar), all wave devices are showing up as they should now. :)
I just need to restart Windows now since I updated driver for my PulsarSRB card also...if I remember correctly, when I update a single PCI card, the rest got updated automatically in the past, not the case anymore?

Now with that being said, perhaps it is an installation bug for multi PCI card system? Anyone else had the problem such as this? I know many of you out there have multi PCI SCOPE setup.
garyb

Post by garyb »

good catch! i'll try and remember this... :)
kyunghwee

Post by kyunghwee »

Oh man, garyb, when you said 'dunno' I thought all hope was lost! :P
Frankly, a bit surprised that my problem had stumped you, hehehe. I guess this was one of the rare moments in Planet Z history when you didn't have a remedy for all SCOPE related ailments.

I guess this is what I love about this forum, everyone has something positive to contribute.
One more issue resolved & documented on Planet Z forum! 8)

Now if we can get that other pesky bug with VRCs and VincoDT fixed.... :-? Assume Sonic|Core is aware since it seems to be a rather large & consistent bug? Or perhaps they're all tied up with x64 development....
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Yes they are....there will be two releases....a new 32 bit & the new 64 bit...and a little surprise for XITE owners.... :wink:
Joel
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)

i just try and pay attention to other's solutions. mine has always worked. :lol:
actually, the help we give each other is priceless. i was only able to understand how things worked from the help given by others. :wink: