Glitches in normal modus, but not with VSTIM

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

luigicampala

Glitches in normal modus, but not with VSTIM

Post by luigicampala »

Running V.5 I encounter sound glitches with any host (Ableton, Reaper, energyxt) using ASIO2 64, just normal stereo playback or VSTIs. When i switch to VSTIM/XTC-Modus there are no problems. I use the same drivers in my XTC-Project and both the XTC and the normal mode have a 64 ulli-latency setting.

Any hints why? :-?

THX
voidar

Re: Glitches in normal modus, but not with VSTIM

Post by voidar »

I've also encountered performance problems in standard mode. I can load much more effects in VSTIM.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

I think that is still XTC mode, VSTIM is planned for close future... right?! :-?
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
voidar

Post by voidar »

The install says VSTIM. A bit confusing this really.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

It's time of great changes here... maybe a bit of confusion is normal ;)
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
H-Rave

Post by H-Rave »

Have you tried going into the device manager, ( Right click on computer )and deactivating the onboard sound cards and HDMI devices if you have a newer graphics card with the sound for hdmi, you may have already done this but I tried this earlier on today and there were no glitches in the sound compared to yesterday when I hadn't done this.

Oh and I've come back from the Steinberg forum from too long away and I think I'l keep on putting my Computer setup in my signature.

Happy New year.
Core2Quad Q9400 2.66Ghz, Asus P5Q EPU,Radeon HD4350 4Gb Ram,320Gb 7200Rpm,Windows 7 Pro 32 bit,Cubase 4+5,NI Komplete 5+6, Scope 5 - Mix&Master - Synth&Sampler,Pulsar II Classic - PulsarII XTC,.Core2duo 3.00Ghz.Presonus Firestudio Tascam FW1884