Newbie From Oz

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Retro

Post by Retro »

Hi folks

This is the first time I have ever joined a forum before purchasing the associated gear, but you guys seem like such a cool bunch that I just had to join up now :smile:

As soon as I find the 'right' dealer I will be buying a Creamware solution, which leads me to the big question: are there any fellow Melbournians out there who can recommend a good Creamware dealer? Obviously I'm looking for a good price, but a dealer who knows what the hell they're talking about would be a real plus!

At this stage I'm planning to get a Pulsar2 with Scope SRB and A16, but if anyone can recommend a more cost effective strategy I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Cheers!
Error: 'warm' and 'plug-in' used in same sentence. Default to Studer? Y/N
dxl

Post by dxl »

find some on ebay or somewhat
I'm still seeing new things in life.
<p><a href="http://mp3.com/dxl">www.mp3.com/dxl</a></p>
dbmac

Post by dbmac »

I can't help you with your question (lots of Ozzys here will probly pitch in with suggestions), but I can warn you to ignore anything posted by the previous character - he's our village idiot (and I truly hope his days are numbered around here).
/dave
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

Yes there are quite a few of us Ossies here!
I can't help you as I'm in Can'tburra, but someone will pop along and help you out. Caleb might be able to, he's from Melbourne. Stay tuned. :smile:
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

The distributor in Australia is Major Music. The MM websiyte is run by a nice fellow called Greg Cato. But the Word doc on the site shows "inflated recommended prices" not the "real" price.

For example I got my PulsarII from a dealer in Sydney for $600 less than the RRP by quoting other prices.

Factory Music in Melbourne seems OK. The main Pulsar guy there is a CW enthusiast called MadMod (that's his "Z" name). He turns up on Planet Z from time to time and has an open invitation for people to call to discuss his love.

Have a look on this thread for a lament and some ideas:
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 74&forum=8

You might possibly be able to order overseas, but you'll need to go through Customs (anything over $1000), but you will NOT have to pay tax on the import. It might be worth considering.

Good luck and let us know how you're getting on :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spirit on 2002-04-19 17:43 ]</font>
caleb

Post by caleb »

Definitely go through Madmod.

He's your man in Australia. He doesn't really work with Factory Sound anymore, he works through Major Music now.

Unless I'm left with no option, he will be the only person touching my system when it comes to Pulsar or Scope.

If you contact Major Music, you will probably find that they'll put you on to him.

The Major Music website is at:

http://www.majormusic.com.au/
Caleb

Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Totally agree, madmod is cool, you'd be in good hands. :grin:
Round1

Post by Round1 »

Hey Retro,
Email me at davelli@bigpond.com I'm also in Melbourne and have recently purchased both a LunaII and A16 Ultra.

:smile:
Retro

Post by Retro »

Thanks to everyone for your helpful responses (except dxl - get off the drugs mate).

I'll chase up all the leads you've suggested and let you know how I go. I look forward to sharing Pulsar experiences here.

Cheers,
Retro
WayneSim

Post by WayneSim »

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier! Becasue I Totally recommend Factory Sound (www.factorysound.com) Ok the site suxs, BUT They are in South Yarra, Melbourne. I bought a pulsar 2 two weeks ago for $2200 AU. Plus they know what they are talking about. Also I listerned to a Pair of Mackie monitors and a few others for as long as I liked. Played MY cd's through them in there listening room. Way Cool. Great guys!I wish I got paid to recommend them because I'd make a good deal of money.
Retro

Post by Retro »

Well folks I am now officially a fellow Pulsarian :smile:

I ended up getting a Pulsar 2 and A16 Ultra from Factory Sound at quite an excellent price. It certainly makes a difference if you buy more than one piece of gear at the same time. I did originally intend to get the Scope SRB board as well, but I'll wait till I've installed these two beauties first before I fork out any more money!

Wayne - thanks for your belated advice. I was probably already signing my life away as you wrote your message but at least you helped to confirm I had made the right choice :smile:

Spirit/Caleb - I couldn't get hold of madmod but I did get to speak to Greg Cato. He was great to talk to and a really big help.

Time to play Pulsar now :smile:

Cheers,
Retro
caleb

Post by caleb »

Congratulations Retro.

I hope you enjoy the hell out of it.
Caleb

Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

oh, the world of music has yet another sonic slaughter house. my oh my. :smile:
Make some MAD noise!!!
madmod

Post by madmod »

Hi There Retro,
If you need any help with anything you can
email me at
madmod@sonicconcepts.net
Im in melbourne every two weeks doing installs and training on Creamware systems.
I also do the best price in Australia on
Scope,s and pulsars :smile:
Well I hope you like your system
All the Best
Regards
Madmod