Even if I don't use the cables out from my Pulsar-II I want to
trade my Plus-version for a Classic one.
Or else I will cut&solder it by myself when I need it.
Anyone?
Want to trade Plus-version for Classic
-
cw_swede
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:09 am
- Location: Sweden
- Neutron
- Posts: 2274
- Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Great white north eh
- Contact:
Re: Want to trade Plus-version for Classic
I would but you know, all my plugs are registered to it.and i dont even use the analog outs anyways. shipping blah blah..
ill swap it for a spare pulsar 1 i have
ill swap it for a spare pulsar 1 i have
-
cw_swede
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:09 am
- Location: Sweden
Re: Want to trade Plus-version for Classic
???Neutron wrote:I would but you know, all my plugs are registered to it.and i dont even use the analog outs anyways. shipping blah blah..
ill swap it for a spare pulsar 1 i have
I will switch http://erikhall.mine.nu/~ronny/cw/plus.jpg this thing for a Classic one, not the whole board. You don't buy plugins for the cable
I don't use it either, I connect ADAT-bus from the backplate to my EMU 1820M which is ASIO Master and Clock-sync-Master too.
Do anyone know if this is able to do? I mean I've switched once before with one of my previous Pulsar-II cards from Plus to Classic and it worked great...and I did not hear anything from the other guy that it did not work for him either...but maybe I've read somewhere about older (first gen) Pulsar-II you are also need to switch the whole backplate, is it true? Anyone knows?
- kylie
- Rank-o-phile
- Posts: 2130
- Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:00 pm
- Location: Dresden / Germany
Re: Want to trade Plus-version for Classic
afair you have to swap the I/O plate AND the cable whip. at least aes/ebu is rumoured to have an extra chip on the I/O plate and isn't usable if only the whip is swapped.cw_swede wrote:Do anyone know if this is able to do? I mean I've switched once before with one of my previous Pulsar-II cards from Plus to Classic and it worked great...and I did not hear anything from the other guy that it did not work for him either...but maybe I've read somewhere about older (first gen) Pulsar-II you are also need to switch the whole backplate, is it true? Anyone knows?
so I'd suggest to exchange both parts.
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
- Neutron
- Posts: 2274
- Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Great white north eh
- Contact:
Re: Want to trade Plus-version for Classic
why dont you just get an adapter?cw_swede wrote:???Neutron wrote:I would but you know, all my plugs are registered to it.and i dont even use the analog outs anyways. shipping blah blah..
ill swap it for a spare pulsar 1 i have
I will switch http://erikhall.mine.nu/~ronny/cw/plus.jpg this thing for a Classic one, not the whole board. You don't buy plugins for the cable
I don't use it either, I connect ADAT-bus from the backplate to my EMU 1820M which is ASIO Master and Clock-sync-Master too.
Do anyone know if this is able to do? I mean I've switched once before with one of my previous Pulsar-II cards from Plus to Classic and it worked great...and I did not hear anything from the other guy that it did not work for him either...but maybe I've read somewhere about older (first gen) Pulsar-II you are also need to switch the whole backplate, is it true? Anyone knows?
-
cw_swede
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:09 am
- Location: Sweden
Re: Want to trade Plus-version for Classic
Well, or I can snip and solder myself... I asked this Q here and see if anyone needs the opposite, win-win situation.Neutron wrote:why dont you just get an adapter?cw_swede wrote:???Neutron wrote:I would but you know, all my plugs are registered to it.and i dont even use the analog outs anyways. shipping blah blah..
ill swap it for a spare pulsar 1 i have
I will switch http://erikhall.mine.nu/~ronny/cw/plus.jpg this thing for a Classic one, not the whole board. You don't buy plugins for the cable
I don't use it either, I connect ADAT-bus from the backplate to my EMU 1820M which is ASIO Master and Clock-sync-Master too.
Do anyone know if this is able to do? I mean I've switched once before with one of my previous Pulsar-II cards from Plus to Classic and it worked great...and I did not hear anything from the other guy that it did not work for him either...but maybe I've read somewhere about older (first gen) Pulsar-II you are also need to switch the whole backplate, is it true? Anyone knows?
- darkrezin
- Posts: 2133
- Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: crackney
Re: Want to trade Plus-version for Classic
You can't snip+solder - the Plus plate (the i/o plate not the whole card - as long as we're talking 2nd gen cards here...) has different circuitry to give you the balanced analog i/o and AES digi i/o instead of unbalanced/SP-DIF.