Recommended free Scope effects

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

sodiumcycle

Recommended free Scope effects

Post by sodiumcycle »

Can any of you suggest good free Scope effects? I am interested in the following:

EQ
Reverb
Deley
Tape Simulator
Compressor
Amp Simulator (I was impressed with Celmo's guitar amp simualtor)

Is there anything similar to VDAT (free or commercial)? Why isn't VDAT available as a standalone purchase?
the19thbear

Re: Recommended free Scope effects

Post by the19thbear »

+1!
and "d-comp" a great comp!
steffensen

Post by steffensen »

stardust wrote:EQ: wolfs 8band, martins moveq
compressor: martins duamco, mubaco, and the dmc1
effects: martins fluliq and tsitsi, hifis bdx, shroomz tubefilter
verb: hifis rspv-01, and sonic timeworks free pt21012 st
delay: DEELAY

and many others
Im back in to SCOPE again after a year of absence, and trying to catch up plugins etc. I can find the above mentioned EQ's, and the shroomz stuff, but where are the rest if i may ask?
steffensen

Post by steffensen »

Yes, i have the hifi and wolf stuff, its more the rest of them that im looking for. Will go hunting in the device section ow then, thanks. :)
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

sodiumcycle wrote:Why isn't VDAT available as a standalone purchase?
it was a standalone plugin in the old cw shop.
afair they wanted 198,- EUR for it, exactly the price for the upgrade to scope 4.5 with mix and master pack, which includes Optimaster, PSY Q, Vinco, Interpole, VDAT and Vocodizer.
ok, this does not work if you have a 3dsp board. with 6 dsps you can select the M&M or S&S pack, a big board lets you have both packs.

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

as it's all free, I recommend everything that's free. Try it, if it's not useful to you get rid of it, or even keep it still, it may be useful at sometime. These devices are very small, they don't eat up much hard disk space, it's free!!!
Inferman

Post by Inferman »

Hi everyone.

Does anybody know where I can get the full archive of 3rd party free and demo plugins from www.steckenleiter.de web-site?

As I understand it doesn't work anymore :-(
at0m

Post by at0m »

stardust wrote:and good quality
Yea, all of them.

Seriously, there's a couple commercial ones I acquired and never had any use for (in all their excellence;).

I remember having hundreds of devices of which 20% only ever got used. I guess this is what this thread is about - to find the useful ones out of those 20%...
Providing a download page (preferably not a direct link) would also be nice, to avoid Z's server being flooded with identical search requests. Here's an older similar topic.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
soylent.green

Post by soylent.green »

Hi guys,

I just want to put in some suggestion: Maybe there is an scope-planetz-enthusiast willing to put together a compilation of the "best" plugins and provide it as zip containing all stuff (.dsp .dev .mdl .pre) in the right place to have an easy unzip.

I don't know what the best plugins are? Difficult, could possibly be done by some sort of rating in the planetz forum (number of downloads). I really don't know.

Peter
garyb

Post by garyb »

soylent.green wrote:Hi guys,

I just want to put in some suggestion: Maybe there is an scope-planetz-enthusiast willing to put together a compilation of the "best" plugins and provide it as zip containing all stuff (.dsp .dev .mdl .pre) in the right place to have an easy unzip.

I don't know what the best plugins are? Difficult, could possibly be done by some sort of rating in the planetz forum (number of downloads). I really don't know.

Peter
the "best" plugin is the one that helps you produce the music as you like it. you're missing the joy of discovery..... :)
Mike Goodwin

Post by Mike Goodwin »

I am having a hard time finding some of the recomended devices anyone have copies that they could email me?
I am looking for dynamics and reverb. I tried to find duamco and mubaco here in the forums and came up empty. I also took a look for the free timeworks reverb and same luck.

I asume it is fine to share these as they are free.

If anyone is willing you can emailme at mike@michaelgoodwin.net

P.S. The HiFi's rspv is great! I actualy replaced one of my current reverbs with it in the track I am currently mixing down :) I have also started using the D-Comp on my busses. I like em there :)
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

garyb wrote:the "best" plugin is the
MK1 Human Brain routed to the Advanced Lughole System V1.0(Stereo). Comes bundled at birth. Freeware.

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
garyb

Post by garyb »

:lol:

blamed again...
wayne

Post by wayne »

- ot - You feel that quake today, Gary?
garyb

Post by garyb »

nope, not a shiver. i didn't know there was one, but thanks for asking! :)

looking at the USGS records, there were 530 earthquakes in California and Nevada this week. it looks like the biggest was 4.5 near San Bernadino, about an hour from me. i wouldn't feel that. we don't even pay attention to anything less than about 5.5... :lol:
wayne

Post by wayne »

:) 530! - whole lotta shakin goin on!

-saw a news bulletin earlier today (yesterday) that said San Bernardino, 5 point something, and thought "wonder if Gazza can feel that?"

Curious, as the bit of plate i'm standing on is mostly stable, and i wonder what it feels like to experience that bottom end :)
astroman

Post by astroman »

same stability here, so my one-and-only earthquake experience is pretty much burned into memory...
no bottom end at all, about 4 in the morning, a bit dizzy in front of the screen, suddenly the latern in front of the window seamed move left to right while the floor felt like shifting opposite - holy sh*t methinks ... a flashback from acid after 30 years ??? :o :lol:

cheers, Tom
garyb

Post by garyb »

yeah, they're fun, as long as the ground doesn't open and the building doesn't fall.