modular ducker
-
tomylee
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:39 pm
- Location: Berlin
modular ducker
hello, is it a bug that you can hear the sidechain signal when input to the sicechain input of a ducker module in modular III?
IT seems very strange, well maybe this would be needed in radio etc, but I dont want to hear the sidechain signal...hmm..
IT seems very strange, well maybe this would be needed in radio etc, but I dont want to hear the sidechain signal...hmm..
-
Lima
- Posts: 917
- Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Italy
- Contact:
I don't know if it has a different curve (I don't belive it's different anyway) but you could make a simple test loading one device for each type, connecting them one side to the same source and the other side to different channels of your mixer and then reading the meters.
Varying the level of the source you could control the response.

Varying the level of the source you could control the response.
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
- roy thinnes
- Posts: 651
- Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Graz
- Contact:
- roy thinnes
- Posts: 651
- Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Graz
- Contact:
-
tomylee
- Posts: 305
- Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:39 pm
- Location: Berlin
what a psychedelic patch
)
uhm, well, I dont always want to hear the signal which is used to control the dynamic of another. In the STM24/48 mixer you dont hear the signal either, which is fine, I was just wondering how the ducker would sound, but to my ear they sound at least very similar - so - its no big deal, my problem is just that the signal fed to the sc-in is being mixed to the ducked signal...well, it mixes it, when doing voiceovers this is fine, but not when experimentig with all kinds of ducking signals...
uhm, well, I dont always want to hear the signal which is used to control the dynamic of another. In the STM24/48 mixer you dont hear the signal either, which is fine, I was just wondering how the ducker would sound, but to my ear they sound at least very similar - so - its no big deal, my problem is just that the signal fed to the sc-in is being mixed to the ducked signal...well, it mixes it, when doing voiceovers this is fine, but not when experimentig with all kinds of ducking signals...
- at0m
- Posts: 4744
- Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bubble Metropolis
- Contact:
A ducker and a compressor have a totally different function, as explained in their manual. Apart from the basic parameters, they have a different routing.tomylee wrote:ok I could take a compressor sicechain instead....but I was wondering if the ducker has different curves...
Maybe that's causing your confusion? AFAIK, they both work just fine...
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio