moxi

plugiator fmagia demo sound

Post by moxi »

here:

http://www.steinberg.fr/products/useaud ... /index.php

a bit short, the demo sound...
maky325

Post by maky325 »

Those Minimax and other demos are nice too. That plugiator seems to be fun product. I wish them nice start!
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

But we have all of this don't we!
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

That fmagia thing looks a bit shit IMHO..........
vmartell

Re: plugiator fmagia demo sound

Post by vmartell »

moxi wrote:here:

http://www.steinberg.fr/products/useaud ... /index.php

a bit short, the demo sound...
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, hold on a second!

There some surprises here to discuss...

1) Does this mean that Steinberg will distribute it?
2) just in France or world-wide?
3) Does anybody know the distributor for North America?
4) I know people from Use-Audio frequent the forum... The Use-Audio page has not been updated in a while...

When will it be out? Who can we buy it from?

thnx!

V
vmartell

Post by vmartell »

stardust wrote:isnt the time limited offer over meanwhile ?
I think that was the cheap bundle offer for Scope... this is a different thing... Pls correct me if I am wrong..

V
moxi

Post by moxi »

the price is interesting, but the big thing is that they say that a mac driver is coming, so the box will be suitable with the last apple computer...and the nice Logic8!

maybe (i hope) they will do an effect box too in some time, as they already own rights on software, and must known how to do a firewire breakout box from the former experience of creamware?
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Well theres no mention of this on Steinberg.net . The Fmagia is probably a rehash of the Poison fm synth.
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

This box is a bit uggly to me but I must admit ,for that price, it can be a decent product for someone who do not have the plugins (so it is not for me ... :D ). On the other hand it is hard to figure out the future of this new company as Soniccore owns more than the mere Scope rights ... and new products should come to life very soon... Musikmesse is drawing near .... it is time for Scope 5 and for :o :o .....
I cannot wait anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do believe that Soniccore and use-audio are not aiming at the same market ; That's becoming obvious to me.

PS : before I forget, John Bowen will share the same booth with Soniccore at Frankfurt .... :D
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

strav100 wrote:That fmagia thing looks a bit shit IMHO..........
:lol:

I think there is nothing that would be difficult to emulate with a simple modular patch. :D
borg

Post by borg »

What I don't like about SFP, are the audio dropouts when unloading devices from the DSPs (deleting or turning down (and up) voice counts). If this box can solve this problem, using SFP only for fx and mixing, it could be a super addition for live use, given the fact sound quality is the same as SFP.

At the moment Scope is all I need together with a sequencer, so I'm anxiously awaiting what the Messe will bring... :)
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
braincell

Post by braincell »

They learned their lesson and finally are selling something at a decent price. This will be the death of the ASB and sell a lot more then X-Cite provided they can get better distribution. I found it at only one USA website and it is not a major one. I wish them luck. Hardware is better than software. It will always work and they can't charge you a fortune by selling you a platform you don't need just so it will be compatible with the latest OS.
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

braincell wrote:Hardware is better than software.
Every piece of electronic hardware here in my studio needs software ;-)
So is there a priori an advantage?
braincell wrote:It will always work
Really? Have got a broken down synth here ;-) .... and there are several devices out there known not to function properly. Ironically enough because of the software! :D For example my Emu E4 Platinum (really love it) shows two well known bugs with the latest OS 4.70 ... And there are a lot of users out there willing to pay for an update which will never come since Emu won't support the hardware anymore... :cry:
braincell wrote:and they can't charge you a fortune by selling you a platform you don't need just so it will be compatible with the latest OS.
Sounds to me you don't agree with the update policy. Well, ok. Just some thoughts:
If you need only synths then you only need a hardware box (with working software code) like Noah, ASB, or relatives. Right so far. But if you need an In/Out solution with dedicated routing possibilities and FX in addition to that, you need of course the Scope software. That is not a question of fortune, it depends what you are looking for and therefore willing to buy it.

Do you know a company which releases all updates for free? There are even software updates for hardware which do cost a bit. Have you ever own a company by yourself? If so you know, why and how companies charge for their work. In this case with 5.0, you'll get some new devices, and all for free, if you allready have 4.5. As the step from 4.0 to 4.5 (which includes also new devices like SBC) has been with costs, why should updating from 4.0 to 5.0 be free? The rest is market economy. If the update of 5.0 (looks like you do not have 4.5) seems to you to cost too much or even not worth enough, you just won't have to update. :wink:
astroman

Post by astroman »

you may well find a few items you don't like about Scope software, but to complain about update costs is for shure not among them.
I really dunno what the talk is about - I never paid anything for 'updates' since my original Pulsar 2.4 software.
It was free of charge and there were a number of 'special offers' in the meantime that I could take advantage of.

There was this Propack thing, including Modular, STS3000 and a bunch of other items for 150 and Scope 3.1 was included - back then it was a very attractive price.

My TripleDat system entitled me to a 50% off on the respective Scope plugin.
If I would have left the TripleHardware in the machine (as a dongle) then the Scope plugin would even be free of charge.
I registered for free for Scope 4.0 - that gave me 50% off for a CWA plugin of choice. It was just an offer - one didn't need to buy anything.
My 4.0 key works for 4.5 as well, that's what I have currently installed.
Of course it does not work for the 'extra' devices, but I don't need those and noone forces me to aquire them.

the only complaint I'd accept would be that they didn't charge enough in the past and a brought the company into financial troubles a couple of times... ;)
The majority of software companies is doing 'updates' or 'upgrades' as nothing but milking the cash-cow, and I mean that... being in that business for > 20 years :P :D

cheers, Tom
braincell

Post by braincell »

I suggested they charge for the Upgrades in the past and nobody agreed with me not even you so if you thought they should charge for the upgrades Astroman, you were silent about it. I suggested $50 a year subscription fee.

All I want is a Vista driver so yes the cost is too much. Don't say but look at all you get. I don't want or need all that just a simple Vista patch like most companies who have respect for their customers would do. We never get patches or few.
Last edited by braincell on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hubird

Post by hubird »

you want Vista?
well, they invested time (mony) into it, so you have to pay for it (this time), and get some goodies.
Are we going to argue through the same traject?
braincell

Post by braincell »

I don't want goodies. How about they make their product work with current operating systems and go back to selling hardware? If they are nice about I would be more likely to buy things from them in the future.
Last edited by braincell on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hubird

Post by hubird »

they have to live too.
as stated by the former posts the update policy was rather generous in the past.
Now it's your (our) turn to give in a bit, SC isn't Creamware anyway and has to make mony.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Well forget the upgrade. I would rather spend $90 more and get another 3 DSP chips and get the free version 5 upgrade. Gary swears I will get it if I buy the card so paying for the upgrade seems stupid unless you have 3 cards already. I hope I can find a new motherboard with 3 PCI slots.
Last edited by braincell on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

hey braincell, lets say your girlfriend gets a new pair of tits.. would you be willing to chip in for a few bucks? same fuckin thing man