What do you want to know about Scope 5 / Xite-1?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

next to nothing

What do you want to know about Scope 5 / Xite-1?

Post by next to nothing »

Tomorrow we should get a lot of answers regarding this topic. What are YOUR question(s)? Post them here please :)
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

mhm, that was quick :)

- how many units can be daisy-chained ?
- will the host cards be sold separately, and what could be the estimated price range ?
- will there be a usable coexistance of old card(s) and the XITE in a single system, mainly for authorizing your bunch of plugins ?
- will there more be I/O options, attachable via XTDM ?
- new SDK ?
- downsized units planned? (XITE-Home)

expect some questions to follow...
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
DSP ADD!CT

Post by DSP ADD!CT »

- is there a xtc mode or something simular?
- dev's show up as instrument / fx in the sequencer so i can automate them as a vst?

i realy would prefer that above using midi cc
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

better midi handling? Integrated mackie style support for scope mixers?
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

what fix version 5 for the old cards?
new vst/xtc engine?
new vdat for stereo recording?
sonic core audio editor based on new dsp?

Ale
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Scope 5:
- When
- What have changed/improved
- Is there a new VST wrapper and which VST version 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 2.4 or 3.0 does it support
- XTC mode still there
- Is it compatible with the v4.0 developer kit or will we have a new dev kit

Driver:
- Is the new driver compatible with XP, Cubase SX, Scope 4.5 and what does it solve.

cheers
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Good thread. wonder if we can keep this one on topic (please?)

- Will it be possible to (say) unplug the Xite from the PCIe slot on my desktop PC and plug it into a MacBook Pro Express Card slot and work. ie, will the authorisation be managed at Xite level, so that as long as the software is installed on both environments you can easily switch between the two?

-Will projects be interchangeable between Mac and PC?

-Could someone from SonicCore come and do a sort of Q&A session on PlanetZ for those of us who aren't able to attend the Messe? It would be great to hear the answers to our questions from the horses mouth.
garyb

Post by garyb »

Ben, the first question was answered by JB and the answer is "yes". the keyfile stays with the box, though Scope needs to be installed on every machine you want to use the box with, of course.

i think it's safe to say that if the answer to the first question is "yes", then the second answer is "yes", as well.
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

Ben Walker wrote:
-Could someone from SonicCore come and do a sort of Q&A session on PlanetZ for those of us who aren't able to attend the Messe? It would be great to hear the answers to our questions from the horses mouth.
That be great! I think its easier for them if someone collects all the major Q's and do it with Soniccore privatly, then report the results back to PlanetZ ?? Seems people will flood the forum with questions once they see Soniccore is giving answers............
katano

Post by katano »

- is it possible to transfer keys from an old scope home/project/pro card?
- what is the recommended setup (hardware, ram, os, version, etc.)
- will there be a hardware controller for scope mixers
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

How about for the developpers ? What has changed ?

Has the way inserts are saved in presets has changed ? Absolute paths or relative ?
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Currently when you save a preset of a device with another device in an insert slot, the preset seems to save the path of the device as an absolute path.

This makes it really difficult to exchange presets between users for devices which make use of inserts. This is particularly true of SpaceF BlackBox and Zarg RD devices which make extensive use of inserts to load different 'modules' in different presets.

Has this behaviour been changed so that the path is relative to the base installation directory, or is there a plan to change this behaviour?
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

My questions are,

1. Will the MIDI controller preset bug, that causes assignments to be lost, be fixed in version 5 or X-CITE?

2. Has there been any significant changes in how SFP responds to hardware automation in version 5 or X-CITE. Such as Mackie Control and sysex.

3. If there are no changes will the preset bug ever be fixed and will up to date automation protocols ever be introduced and when.

ns
Ben Walker wrote:-Could someone from SonicCore come and do a sort of Q&A session on PlanetZ for those of us who aren't able to attend the Messe? It would be great to hear the answers to our questions from the horses mouth.
Excellent idea!! Or post the answers to our questions, as Francis suggested. It would save Ralf an eternity of answering emails.

ns
maky325

Re: What do you want to know about Scope 5 / Xite-1?

Post by maky325 »

next to nothing wrote:Tomorrow we should get a lot of answers regarding this topic. What are YOUR question(s)? Post them here please :)
I dont understand? Tomorrow? When tomorrow? Who told you that?
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

maky325

Post by maky325 »

next to nothing wrote:see warp69s post here http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... &start=100
Ahh i saw this later. I just hope that Warp69 wont forget this 8)
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Well, Astroman is going to Messe and should be reporting info as well, I seem to remember reading. :D

My questions are:

-Will XTDM be able to be used for a Z-Link & ADAT breakout box? (That'd be nice, instead of buying a whole new Scope box later on.)
-Old plugins can run on OS X, right?
-How does the PCI-E/ExpressCard thing work with one box? Do we have to buy a separate PCI-E card, or does it come with one?
-Is this thing really going to come out in May, or next year as was usual with CreamWare? :lol:

Very excited,

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
dawman

Post by dawman »

Since VST developers spend too much time trying to fix their apps and bugs to work with the new sequencers, I think they will continue to sound the same as they worry about compatability and sales.

DSP programmers just seem to have better quality tools ( atoms ) to work with.

Perhaps Soniccore can implement a great new mixing enviroment for 5.1 / 96k @ 48bit integer. Maybe VDAT, or an in house application.

I found that using Cubase 4.0 as my MIDI sequencer, and VDAT to record is a very high quality. And that's only 44.1 @ 32bit integer.

I just use Cubase to create a good drum track and then record it to VDAT. Then I play and overdub w/o a click since the drums are already there. For tracks where dynamic, and more symphonic recordings are needed, one could use Cubase there again and it's tempo track to record the scores lead track into VDAT, and even trigger nice libraries from STS samplers or Gigastudio 4, etc.

But I would love to see a great 5.1 reverb to record with , that would convert itself to stereo for live work. And of course I would love to know of the I/O's a little more, and if using a killer mic pre live w/ AES/EBU would be feasible.

The idea of bringing a studio quality mix to a live venue, where improvisational skills would still be creative, by not being forced to follow a sequencer, is the ultimate dream of a live performer.

The sheer amount of power that XITE-1 brings to the table seems like it wants to capture the live performers attention a little more, as Scope cards and recording are already great for project and home studios. Who knows, maybe live performance is on the rise again. :D
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

A16 has a "expantion slot" for future development as stated on the SC website. " You are prepared for the future"

Maybe there will be a card that is fitted in the A16 for XTDM connection with Xcite (I hope so).

If Xcite would connect with an A16 via Z-link, this would be the perfect setup.
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

mpodrug wrote:
next to nothing wrote:see warp69s post here http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... &start=100
Ahh i saw this later. I just hope that Warp69 wont forget this 8)
Well, I was hoping that several PlanetZ agents could ask those questions - hifiboom, Astroman etc.

I am able to answer some of these questions, but I dont think Im allowed to do so. If Sonic Core decides to answer those questions tomorrow I would imagine that the information is public.

I would have to say that some of the questions are impossible to answer right now, since not every thing have finalized.