Help on installing Pulsar driver for Scope 4.0 / XP

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Frontline Studio

Help on installing Pulsar driver for Scope 4.0 / XP

Post by Frontline Studio »

Hello all,

I've got a serious problem with installing the Pulsar driver supplied with Scope 4.0, for which I kindly ask your assistance and expertise.

Windows warns me that this driver is not XP certified and is likely to cause problems. When continuing, the driver is installed and the system restarts.
During the Windows XP initial load (the Windows XP logo) the system hangs and I am forced to do a hard reset (power down/up) and de-install the driver in Safe Mode.

Is there anyone who has a clue about this?

Cheers,

John.
CU,

John.
garyb

Post by garyb »

there's no problem with the Scope driver on XP.

the thing about driver cert is a powerplay by M$. they charge a lot of money for certification and many companies' device drivers are unsigned.

i don't know why your computer is having problems. what driver are you using? win2k, no?
Frontline Studio

garyb wrote:there's no problem with the Scope driver on XP.

the thing about driver cert is a powerplay by M$. they charge a lot of money for certification and many companies' device drivers are unsigned.

i don't know why your computer is having problems. what driver are you using? win2k, no?
Indeed I use the Win2K driver.

I can't give you any detailed information about IRQ settings and such, because the machine I'm installing this Pulsar on is about 65 miles "down the road"...
CU,

John.
Frontline Studio

stardust wrote:The certification warning is no problem. that is just M$ mind control duoblethink.

try to bring the scope bootup entry to a later stage in the boot sequence of your PC.
have a look in msconfig where the entry for scope is.

Then find a way to bring it to a later place in the startup sequence, that helped for me.

BTW i used a small app called startup control center
Cheers, I'll try that coming Wednesday. You'll hear from me afterwards
CU,

John.