problems with xtc with another i/o card

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

emo

problems with xtc with another i/o card

Post by emo »

hi

i put the bridge between pin 2 and 3 of the sync crd connector
as it was explain on a tips and tricks

so now i have the xtc running without scope asio and i can run
nuendo with a tascam FW 1884 and have a plugin xtc OR an instrument xtc

and the audio is drived by the tascam

i can bounce it with the real time bounce in nuendo without merge bus etc

so it's very wonderfull at all

BUT i can have juste one by one

in fact i can juste have one plug on the project if i put an other plugin before i have the same sound that i recorded before when i bounced in nuendo but
this time when i play the project

it is the same when i put an xtc instrument and a xtc plugin at the same time

so it 's great that i have the possibility to bounce the project with the xtc effects

but if i can just put one optimaster on the project its not usable

so please help me

this daw is an asus p4p800 intel 3GHZ 2Go ram with a pulsar 2 + and a tascam FIREWIRE 1884

thanx a lot
jon
H-Rave

Post by H-Rave »

I have exactly the same setup the pin thing I haven't done I have A scope pulsar 2 srb and a scope pulsar 2 classic I know in xtc the dsp capacity is more limited I just took the spdif out and put it into the tascam,having said that the xtc mode is more functional I haven't tried with too many effects I can get 2 or three synths the minimax and pro 12 for example with limited voices,but then the sounds are so damn good, who cares I'll have to do more tests I think.
Core2Quad Q9400 2.66Ghz, Asus P5Q EPU,Radeon HD4350 4Gb Ram,320Gb 7200Rpm,Windows 7 Pro 32 bit,Cubase 4+5,NI Komplete 5+6, Scope 5 - Mix&Master - Synth&Sampler,Pulsar II Classic - PulsarII XTC,.Core2duo 3.00Ghz.Presonus Firestudio Tascam FW1884
emo

Post by emo »

i m sorry but it is not the question

before, i use the scope in asio xtc and the tascam 1884 was instaled only for remote of nuendo (in mackie control mode by firewire)
i routed the signal by adat to the tascam for monitoring and there i could put SOME plug ins and instruments with 6ms of latency as normal

it was a good mobo but that it s not a 1884 with a dsp card . (i don't have the sync plate so the tascam and the scope was synced by optical )

so i discovered that we can use the scope only in xtc mode without I/O but with another card as the tascam

i tried it but i ONLY can put ONE effect or instrument when i use the scope only in xtc mode
if not the sound is not crackled but dzzzziiinn dzzzzziiinnn when i PLAY the project
i mean that tascam is the asio driver but plugs are usable in nuendo in xtc but it is very very limited (only one effect on the project)
someone has tested a similar configuration with the bridge between pin 2 and 3 of the sync plate connector and a firewire interface

thanx by advance
emo

Post by emo »

@ h rave i think that you could make optimization

because me with a single sope project i can have three or four instruments and some plugins too without crackles in pure xtc mode

so if you have a P4P800 i think that you should look at the pci latency in the bios and try to put a fix latency in the scope by editing the .bin
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

You guys have a problem with your XTC install.... You should be able to fill up the cards to 100%. I don't encounter this problem at all. I can load 4 synths, 20 vincos, 2 reverbs etc at the same time...
Emo do your XTC installs exhibits this behaviour when you don't have the jumper and use the Scope asio ?
H-Rave

Post by H-Rave »

so you mean you can put an xtc vst instrument on one track with an xtc effect on it, on the same track ?,what setup do you have I can get rid of the bzzz by getting rid of the lower latency in asio device setup.oh and can somebody tell what the jumper thing is I can't find it ?.That's not bad 4 synths, Ican do roughly that,but not a pro-12 with a masterverb on it for example, as emo says when I play it blocks
Core2Quad Q9400 2.66Ghz, Asus P5Q EPU,Radeon HD4350 4Gb Ram,320Gb 7200Rpm,Windows 7 Pro 32 bit,Cubase 4+5,NI Komplete 5+6, Scope 5 - Mix&Master - Synth&Sampler,Pulsar II Classic - PulsarII XTC,.Core2duo 3.00Ghz.Presonus Firestudio Tascam FW1884
emo

Post by emo »

in pure asio xtc mode i don't have any trouble shooting

but maybe i have to reinstal all the card to take in charge the new features of the jumper

more of this i 've built another xtc folder and i've moved some plug ins and have built some as the vinco and others that i don't remember

so we will see

its not crackles or block it is the same sound that you have when you bounce something that need real time export do you see what i mean

it is not a buffer override sound or pci overflow

@h rave the jumper is a simple jumper from a mother board or a hdd

you just have to put it between the pins 2 and 3 of the sync card connector on your scope card
see below http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23125

with this jumper you can use your scope card as an only dsp board with your favorite integrated sound card/control surface
or use an audiocard with other fonctionalities

but insteed it is the theory....
H-Rave

Post by H-Rave »

I've tried it,it still doesn't stop the zipping when I put xtc synth and an xtc effect, when I untick the lower latency box in device setup/expert at least it doesnt crash cubase sx3 It only happens when I press play,otherwise the xtc synth sounds with the xtc effect as an insert ok ?So i suppose its some sort of midi problem ?
emo

Post by emo »

yesterday i reinstaled all the scope

and guess what?

i have the same troublshootings

please help me what i have to configure

up up up
emo

Post by emo »

nobody here :-?