asio crashing scope...

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

mr. prawn

asio crashing scope...

Post by mr. prawn »

and the rest of the 'puter, for that matter.
basically, anytime im using something requiring asio (ie. bidule, reaktor etc) im getting random crashes (the whole system hangs). it might be 5mins into a session or an hour or so (as was the case just now), and its not when im doing anything particular - for example when it crashed earlier i was just fiddling w/ a flexor patch and just now it crashed when i was playing a sequence from reaktor - it seems entirely random. i cant single out any one app either - its happening with anything that uses asio - scope works fine alone ie. no asio, and im not getting this behavior when scope isnt running - so there is some confict.
until now everything has been running smoothly and as far as i know i havent changed any settings that might affect this in any way.
so, any ideas what might be causing this?
i can be more specific if required, and id prefer not to have to reinstall anything as far as possible...

any help is much appreciated!
mr. prawn

Post by mr. prawn »

thanks for the quick response. but wouldnt these problems exist regardless of whether scope was running? (a genuine question, because i have no idea)

im getting crashes when scope is running and processing asio i/o. if scope is running without any other audio apps everything is ok, and if other audio apps are running w/out scope open its ok too...
CarvinGuitarFreak

Post by CarvinGuitarFreak »

Hi,

What ASIO/Latency settings are you using? Scope hates to share IRQ unless it is with another SCope card.. dont know the reason for this. Is Scope set as your primary audio card in the sound settings? Have you set up a scope project with ASIO present prior to running the other programs?

Laters
CGF
mr. prawn

Post by mr. prawn »

scope loads at startup before anything else and my default project has asio i/o patched already, and yeah it is the primary audio device...not sure about latency settings, what should they be at?
cheers
H-Rave

Post by H-Rave »

Maybe it's sharing the IRQ With the Graphics card ?
Core2Quad Q9400 2.66Ghz, Asus P5Q EPU,Radeon HD4350 4Gb Ram,320Gb 7200Rpm,Windows 7 Pro 32 bit,Cubase 4+5,NI Komplete 5+6, Scope 5 - Mix&Master - Synth&Sampler,Pulsar II Classic - PulsarII XTC,.Core2duo 3.00Ghz.Presonus Firestudio Tascam FW1884
Tau

Post by Tau »

Mr. prawn, what ASIO modules are you using? I once had a problem similar to yours, it turned out that the ASIOs I was using were the wrong kind- In my setup, with Live or Cubase, I can only use ASIO2-24 (not flt) modules, as all others would lead to a crash. Also, I get crashes when the DSP consumption is close to 90%, maybe loading less ASIO channels can also do the trick?

Anyway, hope you work it out!

Much peace,

T