wusikstation group buy

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

wusikstation group buy

Post by bosone »

for your interest:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=181557

Wusik Combo Group-Buy Bonanza !

This is probably the most extreme group-buy ever done. So we will need all the help we can get on spreading the word around. We plan to reach up to 150,000 users, with a price down to $ 1.95 USD. You can read the FAQ bellow for more information.

What's included:

- Full copy of Wusikstation V3 VSTi (Windows version only)
- Two Gig Collection set of sounds
- 3 Past Issues of the Wusik Sound Magazine (of your choice)

GB Information: Everything will be delivery via a Torrent system, (download) to avoid bandwidth problems with our server. Mind you that no physical product will be sent. To enter this Group-Buy, you need to pay a non refundable $ 1.95 USD fee. If we reach over 149,999 users, you don't need to pay anything else. If we don't reach this amount, you can opt to purchase a regular version using this $ 1.95 as credit. We will not refund any payments if we don't reach the max amount. We will only start the delivery of the software once we reach over 150,000 users. So be sure that you understand how this works before joining up. You will also have the option to download only the Wusikstation Engine without sounds, avoiding a large download, if you want.

----------------------------------------

Duration of this Group-Buy: Until December 10th 2007

Discount Break Down:

0-149,999 users - $ 99.95 USD (no discount)
150,000 > users - $ 1.95 USD (98% discount)

Group-Buy Entry Fee: $ 1.95 USD (non refundable)
bosone

Post by bosone »

read the FAQ... it's extreme but according to me it does make sense... :-)
i just hope that, if this is successfull, more companies will use this kind of marketing strategies... wusik is sold as a downloadable software, so there are no additional production costs for the company in this case
anyway, i already own wusikstation... ;-)
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Completely ridiculous imho. This guy has a history of crazy marketing and crackups as well as very aggressive reactions to criticism. I wouldn't touch it. The fact that he could make up to $300,000 without giving anyone anything in return also feels wrong to me.
mr. prawn

Post by mr. prawn »

Spirit wrote:The fact that he could make up to $300,000 without giving anyone anything in return also feels wrong to me.
thats the genius of it. i doubt they will get anywhere near 150k, but say if 10,000 people (still pretty far fetched i think) buy into this scam, thats still pretty good money, for minimal effort.
astroman

Post by astroman »

there will always be ways to get rid of of few 10K items in case the # of participants exceeds the magic number :P
...how much does it cost to transfer $1.95 btw ?

as always - greed is man's strongest emotion (J.V.)

cheers, Tom