Timeworks verb

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

astroman

Post by astroman »

Warp69 wrote:Well - Im trying to get an agreement with SonicCore for new products, but its still work in progress. ...
pleased to read you...
I am absolutely convinced that you can work out an arrangement with them.
This is a new company (though experienced in this domain, probably more than anyone else) and according to their presentation at Frankfurt Messe there is not the slightest hint to question their integrity.
As an example: they even showed the new Solaris mobo in public, discussing freely about certain items. 'Strange' fellows just don't act this way... ;)

cheers, Tom
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I agree with Astro & regarding an arrangment with the new company, I hope it works out for you Warp.

regards,
Shroomz
astroman

Post by astroman »

stardust wrote:...But I wont conclude that from things you see on a trade fair....
I'm not naive, Stardust - it just added to the picture... ;)
bigdealz

Post by bigdealz »

garyb wrote:yes, the problem is in your setup or your motherboard itself.

what motherboard are you using? which irqs, if any, are shared with the scope cards and something else?
Thanks for the response all.

The motherboard is an Asus M2V. Yes, the Scope card IRQs are shared.
PCI (10) is shared with
- Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller &
- VIA Rev 5 or later USB
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

Ladies and Gentlemeeeeeeeeeeeeeen ....... Martin is back ! oups sorry ... i just want to tell you, Martin, i really appreciated your plugins and your support when needed. When i bought your reverbs i followed your advice when it comes to pci bandwidth and i could load 3 full P100 on my previous (and old) asus P4G8X / Pentium4... So, although big plugins can be pci flow demanding, people just want GOOD plugins... It is up to every customer (like for Pro Tools or SonicCore DAWs) to chose carefully the right computer... This forum has always prevented people from gathering first generation and second ones when running your reverbs.... So, there is no problem ..

We hope the best for you and SonicCore !

Jonathan
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, the via chipsets are known bad performers.

is that irq shared between the scope card, ide controller and usb? that's not good if i read you right.

first, can you move the card to a different slot? if so, what's shared after moving?
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Great news Martin. I hope you'll be able to sell your verb devices soon at SonicCore Shop (including the Hall..). ;-)

@GaryB, man you sound like a config Bot (press one to solve Irq conflicts, press two to buy an Intel board...
:D
garyb

Post by garyb »

:o :D

it's a rough job...
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

.. that you do quite well.
Kudos to the one that freely puts his hands under the hood !
bigdealz

Post by bigdealz »

Yes, the irq is shared between the scope card, ide controller and usb.
Probably can't move the card without getting a new case. The guy who put this machine together for me had to cut bits out to of the back of the PC case in order to fit the card in... so not too many options there. There is only one spot where it will fit.
grappa

Post by grappa »

For my 10 cents I consider myself incredibly lucky to have bought into a platform that has the P100/A100 in the first place.

If Warp chooses to release the hall I'll buy it straight away - If he doesn't then I'll just consider myself lucky that I managed to purchase something for pennies that should have cost £1000's :)

Simon
mr. prawn

Post by mr. prawn »

hmm. i have a crappy generic mobo w/ the via chipset and it hasent caused any problems for me, the p100 runs fine (15 dsp mind you). i also had to cut into my case to fit the card in (i cut my finger quite deep in the process as well :( ) if you move slots cant you just cut some more out? dont suppose thats much help but anyways. hope you can get it working - it took me a while to appreciate the p100 but once you tailor it a bit to fit the sounds its applied to it can sound lovely and warm, very dense.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

mr. prawn wrote:hmm. i have a crappy generic mobo w/ the via chipset and it hasent caused any problems for me, the p100 runs fine (15 dsp mind you). i also had to cut into my case to fit the card in (i cut my finger quite deep in the process as well :( )
I hope you still have your finger :lol:

But I think you now may have a better air circulation.
This is a problem with my case, its heating up like hell.
And sometimes in hot sommer days, it really is hard to get the climax cool down in the system, but also in my small flat. :D