Sonicore board options for CME controllers

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

synthetic88

Sonicore board options for CME controllers

Post by synthetic88 »

It looks like CME announced an option board for their controller keyboards at Messe that runs Sonicore (trying to get used to saying that) synths. It runs Minimax, Lightwave, B2000 and Vocodizer, and lists for US$369.

http://www.cme-pro.com/products-list/product-asx.html
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Fantastic news! 8) CME controllers seem to be of a good standard and they offer good buying options. It's a no brainer if you already own a compatible board.
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

As far as I know, this has nothing to do with SonicCore but rather with InDSP!

I could be wrong, though...
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I think I'd rather spend money on the new Solaris hardware synth. :)
Miikka

Post by Miikka »

Waldorf's Nano board got competition...

Just wondering how much polyphony you really can get with that?

But still i would like to see SonicCore and InDSP to develope something completly new in a plugin field than just recycling all the old stuff..
It's more fun to compute.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

thats funny, I just looked into buying a CME keyboard as a new midi controller over
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

kybernaut_01 wrote:As far as I know, this has nothing to do with SonicCore but rather with InDSP!

This is a product from inDSP....it is also available with another keyboard controller, but I've forgotten the name....

john b.
husker

Post by husker »

so who 'owns' Minimax, Lightwave, B2000 and Vocodizer...SonicCore or inDSP?
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

My assumption was that inDSP owns the technology, and SonicCore has a license to use it. I could be wrong though so feel free to correct me :)
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

Both companies own the technology - simple as that.

john b.
husker

Post by husker »

Doesn't sound very simple :-)
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

stardust wrote:So is it an ASB in the CME case or is there more integration (USB, midi assignment etc) ?
I'm wondering too...I'm completely out of analog audio inputs in my system, and I'm wondering if the audio can go over USB?

I have a UF keyboard, and this looks like a great way to get extra MiniMax/etc. polyphony without buying an ASB (I'd get the Pro-12 first, anyway). I once mapped the sliders and knobs on my UF to MiniMax on Scope, and it was lots of fun -- so I already know they're a great match! :P

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

looks similar to the solaris design :lol:
although fewer and cheaper looking knobs. :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am getting a kick out of this controller from CME. Friends of mine have the UF8's, and UF6's w/ Firewire / USB audio. They seem to be low priced decent quality controllers. But this synth could considerably raise the prices, and quality of their controllers. Never thought I'd buy a " commie " synth !!

Let's face the facts guys. European, Japanese, and American made products are becoming tougher, and tougher to be competitive. Third World and Communist countries are becoming more and more integrated into capitalist economies. I wonder how many Creamware DSP cards were sold in China, Cuba, and North Korea ? I bet Kim Il Sung probably has a couple.

I look forward to buying hardware Solaris, but John refuses to take my money. All of our future depends on higher levels of education for our children, and constant foresight on sucsess as we face low cost, and sometimes governmant backed business's. I already have a Chinese QWERTY for my son to learn his numerals on. I make him earn his PSIII games !!

I still await a hardware controller similar to JBSD's Solaris, blanketed w/ LCD's so I can quit using these little shitty stickers w/ fluorescent backgrounds painted on them. SonicCore's future is sound IMHO. Expect Klangboxes of higher quality, and custom designed hardware synths based off of Black Fins, and the next Analog Devices products probably called Humpbacks to take me into retirement. The Solaris experiment MUST SUCSEED if we are to have a good future, so save your money for the fall, and jump in 4 the big win, buying Solaris is our ticket !! Don't forget, we are all part of a giant beta testing forum 4 SonicCore. Well let's get ready to rumble.
astroman

Post by astroman »

scope4live wrote:... Expect Klangboxes of higher quality, and custom designed hardware synths based off of Black Fins, and the next Analog Devices products probably called Humpbacks to take me into retirement. ...
don't be irritated by (some) Blackfin's high clock rates - those are NOT number crunchers (a RISC Cpu plus a DSP core on one chip - a coop with IBM) and 'programs' are incompatible with the SHARC DSP line.

SonicCore was so gentle to show the sonic core of the Solaris on Messe, there are 6 DSPs of the 3rd Sharc generation on board - clocked 4 times the rate we're used to and with SIMD capabilities, which means a significantly improved DSP efficiency.
The latter feature could easily improve performance by an additional factor of at least 2 (where it applies - I'm not familiar with the specific coding, though)
This would give the Solaris hardware an (estimated) 50-60 'current DSP' equivalent, with the advantage of faster internal data transfer (all on one board)... :D

If they can match the price range that was discussed during Messe, then there's indeed a fair market chance for this instrument.

It's not the average Joe's cup of tea anyway - so few worries about messing with mass-marketers.
As a software Solaris owner I was pretty confused at first glance and only thought ...eh ???, but after understanding the basic button&dial switching it revealed to be as intuitive as can be, and was fun to explore.
There IS a significant learning step though, as there is driving a sportscar.
I've fiddled just a little bit with a limited prototype - when it's ready it will be synth heaven. Seriously.

cheers, Tom
Sandeep.inDSP

ASX

Post by Sandeep.inDSP »

This should give some nice idea about the Keyboard Module.

http://www.cme-pro.com/products-list/product-asx.html
husker

Post by husker »

Thanks Sandeep, welcome to planetz!

That's the same links as the beginning of this thread...got any exciting inDSP links for us :D
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

seems nice
i like the idea of expansions
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
Sandeep.inDSP

Links....

Post by Sandeep.inDSP »

The website is being redone at the moment. You can expect the 'exciting' inDSP links in a week or two. The past months have been very hectic and website was least on our minds. So much for the dull fare it served........
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

johnbowen wrote:
kybernaut_01 wrote:As far as I know, this has nothing to do with SonicCore but rather with InDSP!

This is a product from inDSP....it is also available with another keyboard controller, but I've forgotten the name....

john b.
I think this was the so called "Virtual ICON" which was shown during january NAMM show...

CheerZ