Adern FleXor 3 pre-release thread

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

steffensen

Post by steffensen »

oh, nice news! hopefully there will be not just insert, but a synth shell device too?
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

ReD_MuZe wrote:we will release a modular shell as an insert device...

but i wasnt asking becouse of the shell but rather some of the modules in m3
oh my god great news! RED/Adern team is topping themselfes again and again...

can`t believe what I read! :o
petal

Post by petal »

I think that you should build patches using mod3-modules if you wish to. Show us mod3 users the full potential from your perspective, which is based on a platform having both mod2 and mod3, and let it stand as another incentive for mod2-only users to get mod3 as well. My guess is that not all your patches will be based on mod3 anyways.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

I agree with what Petal just wrote :)
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

Seeing as everyone is agreeing on this thread, I'm going to throw my agreement into the puddle with everyone else's. I never use M-II, myself. It's alright by me if you make M-III the focus.
Leper

Post by Leper »

I use the Mod3 modules all the time, some very essential ones in the bunch, for me. I use Mod2 shell, though.
Witek Radomski (freakmod)
Innovation is my Inspiration!
Music @ http://www.freakmod.ca
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

just a little question, do we have asynchronious gain yet?
I mean a gain that affects only one polar volume?
for example if you have a saw oscillator there wil be a saw +, then a saw -, and so on... always the same gain at positive and negative side....
is there a gain device available that only affects the positive or negative wave?
I know the diode, which only takes the positive side of the waveform.
(with a +/- wave splitter followed by a 2ch gain mixer, it would be a workaround, too)

second thing: is there a clipper device that clips on the DC line (opposite of the normal clipping device)...

maybe we already got something like that, and I missed that stuff... ??
Attachments
lower negative gain
lower negative gain
negative gain.JPG (12.09 KiB) Viewed 5669 times
dc clip
dc clip
saw.JPG (10.42 KiB) Viewed 5676 times
Michu

Post by Michu »

'elo hifi, both are pretty simple to do in modular with half wave rectifier as you suggested, but indeed would make quite interesting modules
i'm sure Muze is listening :)
just because you cannot imagine something that doesn't exclude it from reality.
steffensen

Post by steffensen »

Michu, is there anything you do not know about modular? dang... :lol:
Michu

Post by Michu »

:P

it cannot be overstated how much i owe to Muze's patience for my person and his generosity in sharing his knowledge and experience
:)
just because you cannot imagine something that doesn't exclude it from reality.
steffensen

Post by steffensen »

I think we all owe the Muze a little bit here n there. ;)
emphazer

Post by emphazer »

mod III here :P
valis

Post by valis »

We @ Adern actually have a small question to ask you folks. It's recently been noticed that some time ago Creamware advertised Flexor2 around the net (we weren't aware of it at the time). Since Flexor2 is now coming up for release we want to be able to do a bit of advertising. But since it's already been announced we're concerned that sites (harmonycentral, gearjunkies) and news sections in mags (v1 was annoinced in FM and a few other mags) won't pick up the new release.

So we'd like to choose a slightly different version number. Our options are v2.5 & v3. 2.5 occured to us because the last release you could download was 1.5 and 2.5 is basically a full version after that. But some members of the Adern team feel that 2.5 is 'odd' and would rather a whole version increment with v3. I dont' mind either version personally but I'm looking for a bit of feedback from the users here as I am not sure if people will take the v1 to v3 increment as being a bit disingenuous...?
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

valis wrote:We @ Adern actually have a small question to ask you folks. It's recently been noticed that some time ago Creamware advertised Flexor2 around the net (we weren't aware of it at the time). Since Flexor2 is now coming up for release we want to be able to do a bit of advertising. But since it's already been announced we're concerned that sites (harmonycentral, gearjunkies) and news sections in mags (v1 was annoinced in FM and a few other mags) won't pick up the new release.

So we'd like to choose a slightly different version number. Our options are v2.5 & v3. 2.5 occured to us because the last release you could download was 1.5 and 2.5 is basically a full version after that. But some members of the Adern team feel that 2.5 is 'odd' and would rather a whole version increment with v3. I dont' mind either version personally but I'm looking for a bit of feedback from the users here as I am not sure if people will take the v1 to v3 increment as being a bit disingenuous...?
Just put up an explanation for the numbering on your website. But - I think the Travelling Wilburys tried this already and V3 didn't sell as well.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

just do the oldest trick in the book and call it Flexor Studio or similar ;)
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Go for 3. It will be a fun bit of history :)

A Danish Comedy duo made 2 movies in the late 80s early 90s (?). They called the first one 'Jyde Compagniet' and the second one 'Jyde Compagniet 3' ... because the follow up version 2 of movies usually is a disappointment. :lol:

2.5 will be stranger than 3.

Also 3 will put you in line with Creamware's Modular3 - don't be left behind in the number race :lol:
petal

Post by petal »

Yeah that would be my suggestion too. Instead of a number find a good and well describing word for this release, like "Flexor Exceeded" or "Flexer Excess". Maybe you can spin a word from how this release came into excistance, like "Flexor Fellowship" :)

If you wanna stick to the numbering however, and Flexor 2 is not an option, I think Flexor 3 would be more appropriate than 2.5.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

if a number is desired, I'd still go with 2, unless you internally revisited v1.5 an upgrade that better would have earned a major release number. if so, then name it 3. but "Flexor Second Edition" would fit better, imho. I also though of Flexor NG (Next Generation) or even Flexor Reloaded... :)

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
pling

Post by pling »

i'd go for Flexor2XT or Flexor 2XL

p.s: i use mod2 shell+mod3 modules, but why not mod3 shell :)

cheers timo
decimator

Post by decimator »

I would go for Flexor 3 because of the numbers of modules piling up !! :P

In my opinion it would a little dumb for users to have the " Flexor whatever " to come and not Modular III modules to exploit it more thoroughly.

Now the Mod III shell ... NOOOOOOOO !!! ( and running away )