John Bowen introduces the Solaris hardware synth

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

hubird

Re: THE FOUNDING FATHERS

Post by hubird »

scope4live wrote:Scope Is re-born with this extreme statement.
whatever is born it's not Scope...(tho it doesn't harm it).
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

The wonderful new synth marks the end of the Scope/Creamware era - into a new era with SonicCore. To achieve this in such a short time - converting a highly complex virtual synth to a hardware unit that is aesthetically pleasing and extremely well designed shows what can be done when true passionate people with brains and determination get together.

It is so exciting that SonicCore have access to the full CreamwareDSP library - it seemed to be in a state of paralysis for so long - there was nothing really new and exciting from Creamware for ages - but with these guys it beggers belief what can be acheived in the future for our Scope/SonicCore boards!

I suggest SonicCore drop the Creamware name to mark this new era!

I can't wait to get my 'ands on this thing - when I have sold my house.... then :D
husker

Post by husker »

Couldn't agree more...and if we all buy a Solaris it will help fund the future of scope :D
katano

Post by katano »

what's inside the solaris synth, regarding dsps?

cheers
roman
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

The press release says it has SHARC chips, but I'm sure they're not the old 60MHz chips! They're probably the latest, fastest SHARC chips -- after all, the ASB synths also had much faster SHARC chips as well.

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

will there be any sort of offer on the hw for owners of the cw solaris?

i do not own it, but have always been intrested, and the harwdare announcment got me even more intrigued.
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Looks like a great competitor for Arturia Origin. The good thing is that it looks like we are now offered some quite interesting products.

The pot below the display structure kind of also remind me about th NOAH (though this principle was also used by waldorf, clavia or access). For me the SOLARIS looks like the son of the NOAH.

Wish a lot of success to the new John Bowen team ...

CheerZ
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

I think the Solaris is quite an exploring project.

If SonicCore is able to develop something like this in that short time frame, we really can look into a positive future.

If they already port main parts of Scope atoms to Solaris in the future, this will be an economic way to port Scope to a new lineup (and new chips) in the future....
Step by step...

I`m quite optimistic for SonicCore... The stuff is def. in the right hands.
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

indeed
:wink:
hubird

Post by hubird »

really agreed, I should use my current double mac setup anyway for at least a year or two, as I don't like to desinvest ;-)

Don't let anything happen, Creamware, please, just do the right thing and release it at Namm 2009, but then something totally crushing of course,
Till then...happy developing, don't disturb me.

And I'm sure I speak for éverybody here...
fortune

Post by fortune »

hifiboom wrote:I think the Solaris is quite an exploring project.

If SonicCore is able to develop something like this in that short time frame, we really can look into a positive future.

If they already port main parts of Scope atoms to Solaris in the future, this will be an economic way to port Scope to a new lineup (and new chips) in the future....
Step by step...

I`m quite optimistic for SonicCore... The stuff is def. in the right hands.
You should know that Antti who did VSTi like well known and highly appreciated Augur etc. is Lead DSP Developer at SonicCore. He is really talented and one of the really qualified guys in this matter. I'm convinced we can expect really great products in the future.

cheers
HG Fortune
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

fortune wrote: You should know that Antti who did VSTi like well known and highly appreciated Augur etc. is Lead DSP Developer at SonicCore. He is really talented and one of the really qualified guys in this matter. I'm convinced we can expect really great products in the future.
This is some great news!! Antti is really one important player when it comes to VA synthesis!
steffensen

Post by steffensen »

Incredible news!
Almost fell of my chair. :D
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Amazing News!! :eek:

Congratulations to you & the SonicCore guys for this incredible achievement John !!! The design looks great. Can't wait to here more!!

mmmm... a dark grey signature edition for me please :D
Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Bravo John !! What a beaut. Hope it won't cost an arm because I badly want one..
Hardware synth again.. Yeehaw ! :D

Ps : amazing what the new team has been able to pull out in such a short time frame.... Very good sign methinks.
decimator

Post by decimator »

John , I'am damn glad about your dream come true and through ! I 8)

I must admit, I was among the very skeptical on how you could port Solaris to hardware format without sacrifying *lots* of features :oops:

From what I have computed, Solaris hardware will have new and old algorithms aboard .... along with possibly third parties ( ouch !!! ) :D :D

If you have at least 6 DSP and don't require 32 voices minimum to start doing something, I recommend you should try the demo to get a glimpse of the depth of this synth, in order to be somewhat prepared... :)
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Quote from John Bowen site:

"I'm also discussing licensing other algorithm work for future dsp expansion packs"

Would be great to have flexor, spacef, ... modules loaded on board, then the name of that synth would be SOLARIS DREAM...

Quote from John Bowen site:

"However, now that SonicCore has acquired rights to the Creamware dsp library, I will be able to incorporate their special modules as well in Solaris"

Would be also great to have some ASB and other scope plug-in emulation mode to allow people to load presets from that hardware/software plugs.

Which a lot of success to John and his friends ...

CheerZ
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

One more question: is there any plan for a module only SOLARIS version ?
music251

Post by music251 »

Amazing synth. Congratulations to John Bowen for making "the next step" for VA (and beyond) synths. This is going to a mindbending instrument.
My deepest gratitude to John for making the kind of keyboard I've been dreaming of for years, but never have been able to buy - because it didn't exist...
:)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Dear John,
I can't sleep. This sucks. I must have it soon, before I go into major convulsions. Please help me, you are aware of my affliction.
These are the high crimes and misdemeanors that I spoke of, that all of the criminal 3rd party developers are responsible 4.

Humbly Yours,