Arturia ASB?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Kymeia

Arturia ASB?

Post by Kymeia »

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/pro ... intro.html

The paralllels and design similarities are rather striking don't you think?
astroman

Post by astroman »

details is more interesting, oops...
... How can Arturia manage to do this in a standalone hardware synth? Origin uses two Analog Devices TigerSHARC® DSP processors that actually have more audio power than even the newest multi core PC processors. Beside that, Origin is not a simple Hardware synthesizer, it is an integrated system offering the best out of the Hardware and Software Worlds: Origin can be used as stand alone to play live on stage and also as a plug-in with your sequencer in the studio environment....
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Would be great news.

There was a kind of lack of solution for CS-80 emulation on scope platform.
And what if you could access to a virtual emulation of moog modular or ARP 2600 ...

... then I found the idea of mixing prophet 5 and VS also great but I do not have any confidence of PC powered plug-ins. This unit just looks great. We have to wait to ear how it sounds.

Besides, it looks like there is also a software Jupiter 8 in the starting blocks. Would be great if it would be released as an update for this unit.

All of these feature just reminds me about a great idea called NOAH.

Just seems to me the NOAH is for CW what the Newton was for apple: a good idea without the technology to achieve a successfull market price.

So year 2007 is promising: Waldorf, Arturia, ... whose next ?
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Just found the MSR Price of 2 999 $ / 2 299 € which also remind me of the NOAH EX price at its release: this price seems a bit high for me...

The user interface should be much easier though thanks to all the knob and switch and the large graphic display...

Just wish them enough success with that unit to be able to lower it to a much more affordable price.

CW just have to release a 4 part multitimbral ASB with flexible control surface and all the routnig flexibility of scope cards with DSP power extension in Klangboxes shape ...

CheerZ
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

"play live on stage and also as a plug-in with your sequencer in the studio environment" my old idea... VSTi is the standard for a good customer response, nothing more to say!
And why Arturia can build a synth with large LCD screen and CW no? :x :wink:
Maybe less of half street price? :P
Arturia's risiko... I rememeber the sad Noah "adventure" at 2k euros!!! :roll:

ps. look also for Jupiter 8!!! An offical Roland synth emulation?! :o
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Liquid Len

An effervescing arturian elephant

Post by Liquid Len »

It will be interesting to hear how Arturia's synths are rendered, they must have had to redesign their engine to run on those chips, compared to their VSTis. I was impressed by their emulations, though they just didn't have the stand-out quality of Creamwares' in my opinion. This has lots of individual analog outs (unlike the Noah). And no digital in (like the Noah). Maybe in 5 years, rackmount devices will have digital ins. The integrated controller looks very nice, if they designed it properly it is probably a pretty powerful way to access parameters.

Also, they seem to have put the plugs for the outputs, on a little recess in the back. This means you can rack-mount it and not have to sacrifice at least one rack slot, because the cords are not coming out from the back of the unit, but the TOP. Curse you Korg!
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

the Jupiter emulation for VST sounds interesting....

but I wasn`t that impressed with their previous emulations.... they are good but not perfect.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

To be honest i've never rated the Arturia stuff at all - just seemed a bit balnd, wonder if this will be any better. i see they've somehow managed to do a Roland Jupiter 8 now, must be a deal knowing Roland's past actions taken against Roland copies. Would love to have it on Scope.
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Why would the ASB's need screens?? Lack of menus is a good thing. If they can get a modular under that hood they could be onto a winner. I do wonder why they went all out on this their first hardware product without even testing the waters.
I wonder who they got to code for this?
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Just imagine a synth like this but with ModularIII+Flexor2 ASB with large LCD screen and a hood of switchable bank of 32 or 64 or all 128 encoders!!! :o :o :o
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

hifiboom wrote:the Jupiter emulation for VST sounds interesting....

but I wasn`t that impressed with their previous emulations.... they are good but not perfect.
Yes, but nice screendesign:

http://www.museresearch.com/kvr/i/b/jupiter8v.jpg

Soundwise I don't expect too much, either. It's a pity that CW never did a JP8.... :-?
Anna Lüse

Post by Anna Lüse »

Did you have a chance to compare Prophet-5, OB-Xa, Jupiter-8, Memorymoog, Chroma and PPG Wave 2.2?
What is the most "sexiest" synthesizer?
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Anna Lüse wrote:Did you have a chance to compare Prophet-5, OB-Xa, Jupiter-8, Memorymoog, Chroma and PPG Wave 2.2?
What is the most "sexiest" synthesizer?
I love the prophet sound and so the Pro-12, its wonderful....

But I am also a Roland synth lover.... they all have a very warm and rich sound....great pads....

The Oberheim stuff is also cool stuff with nice filters.

But I am not the biggest Moog lfan around,although the Minimax is great stuff synth with great sound.

which is the sexiest I don`t know:

for me these three are the best sounding:
Propeht, OB, Jupiter

I don`t know I want all....
:)
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

Arturia Jupiter-8V demo out now...

I wonder why Arturia won't learn! Nice photo and a "uh-hum" sounding synth.

As for me, I know why I chose CW. A Jupiter Model from CW would still be something that I would spend serious money on!

Looking forward to Musikmesse to try out Solaris Hardware. Maybe this is a worthwhile Jupiter replacement... :)
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

kybernaut, if`ve checked the demo, too.

soundwise its a joke.
:lol:

Its capable of very few voices(sometimes only 2!!!) on my Athlon 64 3500+

Even the U Know 007 sounds superior to this thing from scratch and I am still able to get a higher polyphony count on a single 6 DSP card.
:D
A Jupiter Model from CW would still be something that I would spend serious money on!
I would love to see something like this too...

I really don`t know why CW stopped making these great synth plug-ins for the scope platform...
we got moog, arp and Sequential Circuits sounds in form of high quality plug-ins...
why not add the rest?

btw does somebody know a site about legend synths and their circuits? so maybe we can construct something like that with Flexor2 in modular shell....
:D
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

erminardi wrote:Just imagine a synth like this but with ModularIII+Flexor2 ASB with large LCD screen and a hood of switchable bank of 32 or 64 or all 128 encoders!!! :o :o :o
Did you have a SOLARIS datasheet preview ????

;)

CheerZ
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

And now the Arturia Origin is announced on a keyboard version:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/pro ... intro.html

... just to make the competition with John Bowen SOLARIS more spicy ...

CheerZ