New Waldorf keyboard announcement (in german)

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

John Cooper

New Waldorf keyboard announcement (in german)

Post by John Cooper »

http://www.amazona.de/index.php?page=26 ... le_id=1232

More news at NAMM next week, I guess

-John
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Wow lots of new goodies. Good to see them back.
John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Great to see the rebirth of a legend. Looks like they're firmly on their feet from the quality & quantity of the hardware too. I've always loved their gear, so I hope they're here to stay.
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

But those are only rendered images.
Great anouncement but where are the real hardware pics?
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Do these new synth have anything to do with the rumurous project of a Wavelike CW technlogy-based synth or as this project just collapsed.

Anyway, the design looks great:
=> the microQ, Q and Q+ with their black & red looks great even though I already found the previous generation good looking: no news their appart from relooking

=> the blofeld and stromberg also look great with their white design. It looks like they keep on having the same philosophy as for µQ and Q/Q+ (a small unit with the heart of the system for low cost offer and a more advanced one providing a richer control surface and some advanced features.

=> Should be something to push CW to lightly enhance the look of their units (appart from the ASB which are just great, the NOAH is on my opinion a bit ugly especially with its yellow knobs and the Klangboxes do not have any look at all...) The look is not that important as the musical potential is main issue: having both µQ and NOAH side by side, the sounds getting out of the NOAH is much warmer. The trick is that mixing them together let achieve some interesting results...

The good news are this would boroaden the offer in term of synthesizer. By the way I kind of miss Waldorf and when I saw last year that the µQ was available once again, I just couldn't prevent me from buting one unit. I had the same trick with the NOAH, and had the chance to buy one of the bargain price units also last year. I just wish as much success to all these company as they achieve a great jobs.
Attachments
Q+µQ 2007.jpg
Q+µQ 2007.jpg (83.52 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
Stromberg.jpg
Stromberg.jpg (33.96 KiB) Viewed 4008 times
Blofeld 2007.jpg
Blofeld 2007.jpg (36.87 KiB) Viewed 4010 times
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

I read there is also a new rhodes piano announced (mk vii)...
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Brazda lui Novac

Post by Brazda lui Novac »

I bet Mr. Hartmann worked on design...
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

Hi All,

I just got back from the NAMM show, where I did get to see the new Waldorf stuff. It is true, Axel Hartmann did the designs for all the Waldorf stuff (as well as the new Aurturia Origin), and of course, he has also done all the Access Virus designs, and even the Moog Voyager and Little Phatty (so, he's been quite busy!)

As impressive the designs are for blofeld and stromberg, I was really hoping to hear and play them, but only the electric piano was functional (the Zarenburg).

Hopefully they will have more happening at Messe.....

regards,
john b.
Brazda lui Novac

Did you heard anything about prices John? Novamusik has Stromberg listed at 4.000$, wich is way too high in my opinion, and without analog filters and tube. I want one badly but I won't spend that amount of money on it...

http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx?ty ... yword=3173
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

Brazda lui Novac wrote:Did you heard anything about prices John? Novamusik has Stromberg listed at 4.000$, wich is way too high in my opinion, and without analog filters and tube. I want one badly but I won't spend that amount of money on it...
The only price I overheard was for the blofeld, which was like $399. No pricing on the stromberg (or piano) , but it wouldn't surprise me if it was around $3000+ or so.....

john b.
Brazda lui Novac

399$ for Blofeld it's pretty cool indeed, but at Novamusik it's listed with 799$, wich is double the price you've heard.

http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx?ty ... yword=3169

I wish, following the same pattern, that Stromberg will be 1999$ instead of 3999 :D
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

Please keep in mind that prices talked about at the show are often not 'real', or what I heard was maybe a price to the dealers, etc. (since, after all, this is a show for retail dealers mainly). No official price was being told on any of the Waldorf stuff; just casual conversations going on around the booth.

john b.
valis

Post by valis »

Retail prices listed at the bottom of this news article:
http://www.gearjunkies.com/news_info.php?news_id=1689

And keep in mind what 'retail' means. Sounds like curteousy of mister Bowen you not have an idea of what the wholesale price is to retailers for your bargaining pleasure. :P
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

Well, 799 for blofeld is about 2x the price I heard, which is not typical markup. This would suggest to me that the dealer price went up as well - they were saying they hadn't really set any prices yet, as I mentioned.

john b.
Brazda lui Novac

stardust wrote:
Brazda lui Novac wrote:I bet Mr. Hartmann worked on design...
could be more than right.
Yeah, that's official now :)

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=4148