fresh install, advice needed...

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

chriskorff

fresh install, advice needed...

Post by chriskorff »

Hi all,

I'm about to do a fresh install of windows xp, and would like some help as to the install order of things...

Windows (& all usual tweaks), then Scope, then Sonar 6?

Also, is it possible to route the channel outputs from sonar into the channel inputs on Scope, so I can use the sequencer's soft synths with Scope's effects, then finally output the Scope master LR to soundforge for mastering? If so, how is this possible?

Forgive my ignorance, I haven't had Scope or Sonar for very long and my previous attempts to do this gave me a hint of the endless possibilities, but then kept crashing. I've had numerous problems with Scope crashing on startup, or Sonar crashing on startup with/without scope being open first, and I'm guessing this is due to things being routed that don't exist yet, i.e. opening the sequencer or scope in the wrong order...

any help would be much appreciated,

Cheers

Chris
voidar

Post by voidar »

Yes, you should be able to run tracks from Sonar out to SFP.

What's your hardware?
chriskorff

Post by chriskorff »

thanks voidar,

I've been informed that I posted this in the wrong forum (should have been in problem solveing), sorry forum users!

I'm on a p4 3.2g HT (single core), ASRock Mbo, 2gb DDR2 667 (dual channel), 1x IDE HD, 1x SATA HD, nvidia 7600GS, WinXP Pro SP2, Scope Professional +Plus card, Sonar 6PE, Soundforge 7...

That's all I can think of for now. I'm pretty sure power saving options are all off, and XP installation is pretty minimal (and internet free - I have to reboot to second install to either go on the net or write music, which makes getting advice from this forum and then applying it a bit of a nuisance!).

Any more help would be appreciated, not sure if there are any moderators who can move this thread to the Problem Solving area, or whether I should carry this one on, or start again? Please let me know, this is only my second post on here.

Thanks again,

Chris
voidar

Post by voidar »

Have you tried disabling HT? There have been reports on this causing instability. Do a search on this forum.
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

chriskorff wrote:thanks voidar,

I've been informed that I posted this in the wrong forum (should have been in problem solveing), sorry forum users!

Shame shame how terrible! The world is a lesser place now.

chriskorff wrote:
Also, is it possible to route the channel outputs from sonar into the channel inputs on Scope, so I can use the sequencer's soft synths with Scope's effects, then finally output the Scope master LR to soundforge for mastering? If so, how is this possible?

Yes it is possible to do this very thing. Routing in scope is very powerful and easy! Assuming Sonar supports ASIO, in the scope environment, you would add an ASIO Source module (which then becomes the outputs of Sonar) connect this to the effects you want to use, sum all in a mixer and send the LR output to a Wave Destination module (which would be the input of soundforge). Well that's one way anyway.
Stuart.