What´s the difference between asus tusl c and asus cusl c

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

helldriver

Post by helldriver »

Hello pulsarians,
is there anyone who could answer my question.
I tried to reach asus hotline but they don´t seem to have time for me. The reason why I ask this is: I want a new board for a p3 and at ebay they´re selling the tusl c and cusl c
as well. But nobody of the sellers know the
difference.

So if someone knows the difference please answer me.

Thanks in advance
Stefan
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Tualatin (.13 micron core) on the TUSL2 and
the -C means no onboard video. The Tualatin is the newer core for 1.0A Ghz "Celerons" - which actually have 256k cache now and are registered as Pentium IIIs on the TUSL2 when you boot! I also successfully overclocked the 1.0A celeron to 1333mhz (100bus -> 133bus) with stock voltage and stock heatsync fan, I am really impressed with this chip so far...
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

I have a 1.2 tualatin going at 1.54 with only a zalman cooler with the fan on "ultra quiet" it stays below 50deg c it and does not crash.

i had to raise the voltage though. i am using it with an abit st6 on my oasys machine. (had it on pulsar but irq issues)
helldriver

Post by helldriver »

This means that I can buy a cusl c or tusl-c. Both of them should have the same performance.

Thank you Subhuman for your reply.

Stefan
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Let me state that again - CUSL2 does NOT support tualatin core processors. TUSL2 does. either board with "-C" at the end, means no onboard video...

So yes, if you don't plan on getting a Tualatin as an upgrade in the future (and will just skip to a P4 or something), then the CUSL2 (either version) will offer the same performance. Only get the CUSL2 if it is much cheaper than TUSL2, though.
helldriver

Post by helldriver »

Thanks Subhuman, now is everthing clear.