Syncronisation

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Matt

Post by Matt »

Just a quick one:

What is the correct way to set up the settings in Cubase syncronisation Panel with the Pulsar II.

If I sync a Pulsar instrument to the external clock the bpm on the Pulsar instrument is constanly increasing and decreasing around the Cubase BPM and not staying fixed (or is this normal). It also doesn't sound at all as though there is any syncronisation at all to me.

Post by Guest »

Subject: re: Synchronization

I have the same problem and have come to the conclusion that it just doesn't work.
Naturally, creamware haven't answered my emails regarding this. Also, forget about try to get Modula2 patches that play loops or sequences to sync up... even over 2 bars it drifts out of time
Matt

Post by Matt »

Subject: Re: re: Synchronization

Thanks anyway, I shall give up on that one as well!
interloper

Post by interloper »

Subject: Try this...

Route the Midi output of the sequencer into the midi input of the modular or device that you want to sync (probably already done).

Then, click on the sync button on the Cubase transport bar, make sure that the midi output is active (bottom left options of the popup window) MTC may work as well, but I just prefer using the standard midi clock output.

Some modulars and some devices don't seem to respond to the midi clock input, but the Montylator works pretty well. Don't give up, it should work.

interloper