PRESET LIST BUILDING PROBLEMS...DEVELOPERS PLEASE HELP!!!

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

onomat

Post by onomat »

Help!

'prest list does not match the device!

'What is going wrong here???

I'm having huge problems building my 'preset list' for my devices which is driving me totally mad!!!!!!

...I hope some similarly frustrated developers out there can shed some light on this annoyance...

WHAT I DO TO SET UP THE PRESET LIST AS OUTLINED IN THE (VEY VERY BASIC) INFO PAGE FOR SCOPE DP 3.12 PRE-RELEASE NOTES

1.First I click on the module in the project window and create a 'preset parameter list' in the 'presetparameters' list for the new device and click 'freeze' to keep the window visible...

2. next, i create an entry in the 'parameter tree' for each control i want to able to store as a preset.

3. I drag the completed list from the 'parameter tree' window over to the 'presetparameters'list and can see all of the devices parameters visible.
4. now if i look at the 'moduleparameters' list, i can see all of the options for each control/parameter of my device...cool...

5.i then proceed with connecting the 'open preset list' buuton of my surface to the 'ADD/Show'pad of the 'Surfaceinterface' for the 'preset list'. I also click on the 'preset list' in the 'project explorer' and change the 'caption' value to suit the exact name of my device.I also have a button on my surface of type '2' which i connect to the 'compare' function of the 'preset list' so that it can be a sort of 'A/B'switch directly on my device surface...cool hey...this seems to work ok and i can see in the 'connections' window that it has worked

6.when i save the module, the device still has the 'preset list' that i made but if i save and reload the project, the device i saved now has lost it's 'parameterslist' and i have to re-drag the 'list from the 'parametertree' back over to the 'parameterlist' and sometimes this works but if not When i load it into SFP3.1 or Scope4 i get a message 'preset list does not match the device!'...

7. once i successfully re-drag the 'parameter tree'list to the device 'parameterslist' and re-save the device, i then 'pack device=>protect' the device so it loads into Scope 4 or SFP3.1.

8. IF IF IF IF! the 'packed' device now loads successfully into Scope4/SFP often the 'Compare' function does not work anymore????

I don't think my problems have anything to do with me connecting an 'A/B' buton to the 'compare' function of the 'preset list' as I have tried all the same steps without doing this and it has made no difference to wether the 'compare' function works...plus i have one (1) perfectly working device where the A/B works perfectly and I don't get the 'preset list does not match device!' error...so it seems to be totally random...??

*********Also, and also maybe part of my problem is where is there a description of what all the tick boxes in the 'Moduleparameters' list do?????

Anyone who has experienced this 300 billion times will understand how infuriating this problem is so, great if you can help...and maybe i'll name my next child after you...

yours in frustration.....

sayton
De-Vice'
http://www.deviceplug-ins.com
info@deviceplug-ins.com
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

hi,

i have experienced manyyyyyyyyyyyyy times this pb !!!

Wich DP version are you working on ?

i think there's a bug in the v 3.13 i'm using !!!

a+++
olive
onomat

Post by onomat »

Ok, I must say I'm quite surprised at the lack of response from other people with like problems but thanks to John Bowen among others, I have managed to relieve but not fix some of them....I am feeling lonely though... ;-((

The most important issue seems to be that Scope /Dp v3.13 does not correctly open saved projects with the MOST current device (.mdl). This means that the device you are working on in the project will not always be the latest device you right clicked on and "saved as" a new device before you saved your project.

Start every Scope DP project by loading the latest device/module you are working on into a blank project and always do this everytime you are about to make changes to it's circuit, graphics, change the preset list etc...Which brings me to the next point...

The order in which you create the preset list, add parameters to it and connect it to your surface etc...seems to make a big difference to the success you will have creating working preset lists...In particular the 'Compare' button in the preset list which sometimes works and sometimes does not.

I have found that refreshing the project by pressing 'F5' on your keyboard everytime you make any change or parameter changes in the preset list will make sure that what you are looking at in the project window is 'current' or really where things are at...especially when creating the preset list, connecting the open preset list button on the main surface etc.

Also, make sure you are in 'Use' mode before saving your optimised device...this can help.

Hope this helps newbies even though it might seem obvious to long time users, i'm thinking this thread might also help some of the more proficient DP'ers who have just learnt to live with it...

More specific info when our brains recover from this lot...

sayton
De-Vice'
Aries

Post by Aries »

On 2004-08-12 20:14, onomat wrote:
Ok, I must say I'm quite surprised at the lack of response from other people with like problems but thanks to John Bowen among others, I have managed to relieve but not fix some of them....I am feeling lonely though... ;-((

The most important issue seems to be that Scope /Dp v3.13 does not correctly open saved projects with the MOST current device (.mdl). This means that the device you are working on in the project will not always be the latest device you right clicked on and "saved as" a new device before you saved your project.

Start every Scope DP project by loading the latest device/module you are working on into a blank project and always do this everytime you are about to make changes to it's circuit, graphics, change the preset list etc...Which brings me to the next point...

The order in which you create the preset list, add parameters to it and connect it to your surface etc...seems to make a big difference to the success you will have creating working preset lists...In particular the 'Compare' button in the preset list which sometimes works and sometimes does not.

I have found that refreshing the project by pressing 'F5' on your keyboard everytime you make any change or parameter changes in the preset list will make sure that what you are looking at in the project window is 'current' or really where things are at...especially when creating the preset list, connecting the open preset list button on the main surface etc.

Also, make sure you are in 'Use' mode before saving your optimised device...this can help.

Hope this helps newbies even though it might seem obvious to long time users, i'm thinking this thread might also help some of the more proficient DP'ers who have just learnt to live with it...

More specific info when our brains recover from this lot...

sayton
De-Vice'
Hi onomat, have you any more useful tips ( since the above) on getting compare feature to work when transfered from the SDK to the normal Scope platform?.

I have also found " the 'Compare' button in the preset list which sometimes works and sometimes does not. "

It's a frustrating part of the Scope development platform.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aries on 2006-03-25 01:45 ]</font>
onomat

Post by onomat »

no sorry. No more information yet. The compare behavior can be random it seems.
ReD_MuZe

Post by ReD_MuZe »

try deleting your preset list module, and using a fresh one. it usualy works for me. i cant manage to update old preset lists with new parameters. so i always delete the preset list and create a new one.

also make sure you are freezing the parameters boxes when your working on them!

hope this helps
spacef

Post by spacef »

you can easily update and existing tree and preset list.

Just make sure you don't test in scope DP/SDK and that you always use a freshly loaded device in your test project in SFP scope.
Do not make presets in DP, it fucks up a lot of expected preset list behavior too.
spacef

Post by spacef »

and the latter above has no way backward (unless you made only one preset in SDK, but that's something to avoid) (well, there's a way backward but it is so complicated that noone wan't to be oblige to do it)