Anyone using this connection w/ modular? I am trying out different insertions and can hear some great movements, but it cycles into silence. I would like to use my modulation similar to an autopan, in the way it modulates,i.e., no audio dropout, but more like a shimmering effect in slow motion.
I know I'm green, but I spend hours with this stuff, and when I'm stumped I feel like speaking to my fellow Flexorians 4 help.
TIA, ( Thanks In Advance )
LFO's To PWM
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
- at0m
- Posts: 4744
- Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Bubble Metropolis
- Contact:
If you set too much modulation amount, PWM will sometimes generate a DC wave instead of proper PWM - simple visual:
__|----|___|--
could become
____|_________|_____
So, as a solution, set less modulation amount.
As you may have noticed, Flexor's maximum modulation amounts are pretty extreme...
Hope this helps!
__|----|___|--
could become
____|_________|_____
So, as a solution, set less modulation amount.
As you may have noticed, Flexor's maximum modulation amounts are pretty extreme...
Hope this helps!
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
-
dawman
- Posts: 14368
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:00 pm
- Location: PROJECT WINDOW
You were exactly right, now I have a great patch which also moves around. I now need to change the waveforms that are being modulated, I'm hoping that quad shaper, with additional LFO's will do this. i.e. each modulation insert jack would be from a different LFO. This is such a great little playground. at0m, do you ever tire of it's possibilities? Thanks for answering my post and explainig what took place. As I have now moved on to another experiment within the same window/shell.