spdif on pulsar 1 query

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

morkusb

Post by morkusb »

Please see my question on link

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=14&1

I am trying to setup an spdif mixout from my spirit 328 desk to cubase but i'm already using all 16 adats to asio destinations and am confused by asio 64 or asio 32 dest/sources ?

Help

Motkus
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

it's very simple,

just connect the spdif source to the asio dest.

About the asio modules to be used, the asio 24 bit source and destination are good for 24 bit recording without direct monitoring.
morkusb

Post by morkusb »

It's weird I know but it don't work. I have 16 tracks recorded in cubase all of which are coming out to the desk so I can mix it using the spirit 328 desk's eqs etc... However I send out from the spirit the mix back to Cubase via the spdif.

Because ive got 16 adat channels (trks 1 to 16) in cubase sx 3 how do i 'see' the stereo spdif from my desk to record the mix back into cubase in realtime.

I'm totally confused how to patch Pulsar under scope 4.

Any help or diags for my scenario would greatly help. I dont use any of scopes mixers by the way.

Please help

Morkus
symbiote

Post by symbiote »

The mix will be on the ASIO channels you connected the SPDIF source to in SFP. So if you connect the SPDIF Source to ASIO Dest 8L and 8R, they will appear on ASIO channels 15 and 16 in Cubase (or just 8 if it considers ASIO channels as stereo pairs.)