Sonar 5 and Pulsar 2

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

claudioD

Post by claudioD »

hello,

is there anybody using Sonar 5 ? Any comment ?
garyb

Post by garyb »

just got a copy. i already had sonar3. sonar is a great program. you'll have to learn it, but you can work with it for sure. like all software, it has it's quirks, but it's no worse than any of the other programs available. as a package, it's a unique collection of functions that is very powerful. sonar sees scopes asio modules stupidly, it renumbers them 1l,1r,3,l3r etc.(instead of 1l,1r,2l,2r,3l....). inother words, it renumbers all the ports as odd numbers. it sees all the ports and works perfectly, though. once you get over that, it's prett smooth sailing. to be fair, cubase's numbering is different than scope's as well. cubase numbers 1,2,3,4, instead of 1l,1r,2l,2r......
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Interestingly enough, the ASIO naming scheme only works strangely with the 24-bit drivers. The 16-bit drivers are labeled correctly.

Weird...

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
garyb

Post by garyb »

very. but not a show stopper. i usually use sx, but i'm planning on doing some projects in sonar.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

On 2005-11-14 23:22, Shayne White wrote:
Interestingly enough, the ASIO naming scheme only works strangely with the 24-bit drivers. The 16-bit drivers are labeled correctly.
In Sonar ??