Scope with Carillon rack-mounts

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

caleb

Post by caleb »

I'm thinking of upgrading my music computer to something very durable so that I can take my Scope on the road if necessary.

I've always heard of Carillon systems as being very good for audio with their durable and quiet rack-mounted setup and think that this could be an option.

Some of the desirable things seem to be Remote Support possible for online troubleshooting system problems, Carillon image and recovery disk sounds nice, 3 year warrantee and some included software.

The motherboard they seem to use for the core configuration is the INTEL D915PBL. Is this a good motherboard for Scope?

I'm trying to determine how many full-size PCI slots they have as it doesn't seem to mention that on the site. I need to fit a full Scope board and the earlier Pulsar II and I would think that I needed at least one additional slot depending on where Creamware takes their cards in the future.

I found a spec for this motherboard using a google search: PCI Express x16 x 1 • PCI x 4 • PCI Express x1 x 2.

I'm presuming this means that there are 4 full-sized "normal" PCI slots for my Scope cards?

The graphics card is a Radeon X300 128Mb Dual Head Video Card. I don't know if that's supposed to be good or not.

So - does anyone see a problem with the motherboard in particular? Any known issues?

Has anyone had any experience with the Carillon systems and Creamware cards in general?

They are quite expensive, but if they are rock solid, quiet and they last they may be worth the investment to me.

Caleb
Caleb

Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Ask them before buying. 4 slots does not have to mean, that there is room enough in the case for a Scope card.
AndreD

Post by AndreD »

Hi,
my pc-recommendation:
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... orum=19&30

With S-ATA, of course :wink:

You will be abled to run up to 3 CW cards (2 of scope pro due to the size)

We will sell high-performance creamware audio-pc in future, if you have any question, feel free to ask andre(at)creamware(dot)de

All the best,
Andre

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndreD on 2005-08-03 09:08 ]</font>
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Are you saying Creamware will sell complete daws, Andre?
AndreD

Post by AndreD »

On 2005-08-03 08:33, piddi wrote:
Are you saying Creamware will sell complete daws, Andre?
at least, high performance pcs for scope...
caleb

Post by caleb »

Andre - that's great news!
But I'm way over in Australia...

However, I will definitely talk with you more via email because I had decided long ago that all music computers I run will be built specifically around Scope.

It would be fantastic to get valuable advice from the company itself....great!
Caleb

Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.
hubird

Post by hubird »

On 2005-08-03 16:05, caleb wrote:
because I had decided long ago that all music computers I run will be built specifically around Scope.
they call that a Apple Macintosh, operating system and hardware as one unity from the same garanteeing manufacturer :smile:
no offend :smile: