Regelwerk and Pulsar

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

chungle

Post by chungle »

Hi there!
Would like to know if someone have a Pulsar preset for Regelwerk.If someone also know where to get a Logic preset pleaze let me know
Thanx

chungle

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chungle on 2001-11-06 12:26 ]</font>
at0m

Post by at0m »

Acually, there is none. You could only make a template project including the midi control links you supposedly are going to use. There is no 'preset' for Logic either.

Hereby I'd like to call on you people to help making this midi remote as easy as can get by dumping the presets you made. All of us use it, regardless from soft or hardware controller.

Remember, due to it's flexible nature, There could be a thousand presets for different Pulsar devices.

But I'd like to do a campaing to convince Pulsar developpers of the use of intergrating midi remote presets of some sort into the Pulsar environment. That would be very handy.

I uploaded 24presets for Pulsar, they are sysex files to dump in your Peavey PC1600x.
I hope you make use of them, as I hope you will upload somme as well. They might not be perfect as mine :grin: but just send it!

and say

I WANT EASY MIDI REMOTE ON PULSAR!

Creamware you screwed it giving us too many devices :grin:

a t :cool: m i c
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
chungle

Post by chungle »

Hi Atomic!
Thanx for your info.I would like to give you some of my presets but unfortunately I am a beginner in this and dont have even one preset yet.I just changed the Kenton controller ,which was much easier,with this crazy Regelwerk controller,my bad!
Regelwerk is really hard to learn,only 16 Faders of Logic I am able to controll but I would like to controll more Faders since I have 24 Faders in my Regelwerk and used to use about 32 Faders of Logic and the mute,pan etc. button I also would like to controll.
I would like to get your presets of the pulsar.Do you thing the Peavy Presets would be also o.k. on the Regelwerk,since midi language is the same? Hope so.

Regards

chungle

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chungle on 2001-11-08 13:02 ]</font>
at0m

Post by at0m »

On 2001-11-08 12:59, chungle wrote:
I would like to get your presets of the pulsar.Do you thing the Peavy Presets would be also o.k. on the Regelwerk,since midi language is the same? Hope so.
Nope, they are sysex files for pc1600x only. Sysex dumps are device specific. Dumps contain Devices manufacturer code, device code,... and are not interchangeable between different devices. Sometimes they might be compatible, like some of pc1600/pc1600x.

You can only use my presets to get an idea of how i did it, and how you could apply that to your system. Read the info file: http://www.defectiverecords.com/pc1600/ ... ulsar.html

I'm planning to make new pc1600x presets for the PulsarMixer, on a 16channel base. that corresponds with the pc1600x number of sliders.
I could still only use 1 midi channel, containing 120 CC#'s :sad: that's 7 parameters for 16 mixer channels and 8 controllers for the Master Panel.

Using the external Aux rack now gives me one xtra channel. That's one plus. But I find 400 parameters on that PulsarMixer to control and make PULSAR the hardware mixer everyone would like to have :cool:

Creamware should take a look at Cubase, the way they do it with banks for remote :wink: ...
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
chungle

Post by chungle »

Thanx again for your info.
What are you doing when you wanna use the next 17-32 Faders of the Pulsar MIxer? Since there are general only 16 Midi Channels I only can controll Faders 1-16 cause each of the Logic Faders need 1 Midi Channel or is there another way to controll the other 17-xx Faders in Logic?

Regards

Thai