New CreamWare products in Frankfurt

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

inDSP Frank
Creamware Founder

Post by inDSP Frank »

Hello PlanetZ,

as it is just a few days to the show I thought I give some background to what news you will see at CreamWare!

We introduce a family of hardware boxes - the so called "Authentic Sound Boxes". Please read our press release below.

While some of you will love these news, others will be disappointed not to see a successor for today's DSP boards. Take my word that the ASB boxes are no statement that we neglect a future for our DSP platform. Just the opposite. In the ASB boxes, we use a new DSP that provides a lot more power.

Let's put it this way: the ASB boxes will be just one of the products that will result out of our ongoing development effort. We are on our way. New revenues out of the ASB line will accelerate realization of our other goals. Also, the boxes will surely contribute to the fame and popularity of the SCOPE platform - so it is maybe not as much "out of context" as it might look at first glance :wink:

Best regards!
Frank

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

<b>CreamWare Introduces Family of Classic Synthesizers in a Box</b>

Musikmesse 2005: CreamWare now offers ASB (“Authentic Sound Box”) — a line of faithful digital emulations of classic synthesizers housed in an ergonomically shaped desktop enclosure. The first two models — the Minimax ASB and the Profit-5 ASB — will make their debuts at this year’s Musikmesse.

The Minimax ASB benefits from the same sound engine used for CreamWare's acclaimed Minimax plug-in for the SCOPE platform. While the sound was designed to be “genuinely old”, other features have been taken to a contemporary level: Minimax fully integrates with your computer via USB and offers extensive polyphony as well as preset management. The patches can be edited directly on the hardware panel or using the supplied remote-control software.

The second member of CreamWare's ASB series is the Profit-5 ASB, which is based on the sound engine of its SCOPE-platform namesake. With up-to-date features similar to those of the Minimax ASB, the user interface closely resembles the original and all efforts were made to create an authentic sound.

Minimax ASB is scheduled for shipment in the first half of June while the Profit-5 ASB is expected to follow shortly after. CreamWare will announce more members of the ASB family later this year. The street price of the Minimax ASB product is projected to be around 650 EUR (excl. VAT).

Find PICTURES of Minimax ASB + Software and Profit-5 ASB under
http://www.creamware.de/download/presse ... 05_800.jpg
http://www.creamware.de/download/presse ... 05_800.jpg
http://www.creamware.de/download/presse ... ftware.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CW Frank on 2005-04-02 17:41 ]</font>
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Congratulations. Those products certainly sound very interesting, and best of luck with MusicMesse and the latest line of CW products.

Viva Creamware :smile:
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

:grin:

why not an external empty midi controller for the user that have already Minimax or other emulations?

good work guys! :smile:

...but don't leave the "pulsarians" alone :wink:
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

i can see myself getting Profit 5 for live use, even though i have the SCOPE version. Maybe Solaris might be next? B2003 with drawbars. Hopefully street price will be a little cheaper, but not a bad starting price.
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

Great news!!

I hope though, that the NOAH line of instruments will still be maintained and updated with new software.

Looking forward to try the ASBs out at MusikMesse Frankfurt!

kybernaut
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

Very very cool!
I hope really these products get the attention they deserve.

We all know the sound!
astroman

Post by astroman »

... but you MUST replace those screws by a more value looking type (or sell for 398...) :razz:
And another vote for a future Solaris release - or something joint ventured with SpaceF, Wavelength, Zarg ? :wink:

best wishes and success for the fair, Tom
hubird

Post by hubird »

cool!
Hm, ASB...maybe it says something about a preference for 3 letter abbrevations...
like OSX...? :wink:
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

So the new SCOPE must use the new DSPs and be linked by USB instead of a PCI card - possibly ? :smile:
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

On 2005-04-02 18:27, strav100 wrote:
So the new SCOPE must use the new DSPs and be linked by USB instead of a PCI card - possibly ? :smile:
New DSP's are higly probable (I think for sure), USB I hope not!
hubird

Post by hubird »

if I let fall the words Acces Virus, would that be of any relevance in this thread?
only the display is really different (as cwa's are basic).
not meant to sound negative, btw :smile:

and Astro has right, those screws are terrible...! (these first models will be collectors items in the future :wink: )

@Erminardi, I'm afraid the costs are with the case, not the software :smile:
but the idea is lovely :smile:

I hope they will sell as bread.
The design is perfect and proven, only the looks in detail coold be better.
I'd love to have both of them along my Virus-A :smile:

CWA is alife, indeed, and it looks like they know what they are doing.
Hardware is still the keyword for now, the concept however is more basic, synth-in-a-box
Means another half year for anything else, like OSX, I'm afraid.
If there was only a word about it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2005-04-02 22:15 ]</font>
time_chase

Post by time_chase »

it's alive i say...IT'S ALIVE!
thermos

Post by thermos »

at the moment not for me. but im shure it will be great for the platform and a success on its own.
thermos

Post by thermos »

will they work as vsti in ur sequenser, have i got it right?.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

This stuff looks interesting enough I suppose, but it does strike me as strange.

Why does Creamware keep investing in everything *except* the music product which has proved the most viable and successful ?

edit: If they work as true VSTi (somehow) then they will have some value, if not then I call them Noah MkII ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spirit on 2005-04-02 23:19 ]</font>
time_chase

Post by time_chase »

indeed it seems a bit risky considering what happened to noah....just out of interest would any of you guys buy one? the price is abit high for my liking....

but it's still good that creamware are back in the market....time will tell how successful these boxes will be....
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

On 2005-04-02 23:18, Spirit wrote:
This stuff looks interesting enough I suppose, but it does strike me as strange.

Why does Creamware keep investing in everything *except* the music product which has proved the most viable and successful ?

edit: If they work as true VSTi (somehow) then they will have some value, if not then I call them Noah MkII ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spirit on 2005-04-02 23:19 ]</font>
It's an easy move really.Algorithms are already there.Just stick em in a midi control box.
The sound will do talking.
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Please, Frank, tell us if it's going to be OSX compatible!! Also, how is it going to be computer integrated? Plugin? Separate software? VST? DX? AU? What??

I'm really glad to see you're using new DSP chips. I hope this means we'll see Scope updated with new chips soon! :grin:

I'm not exactly sure if it's something I'd need for studio use, but if I ever went live I'd DEFINITELY want one of these babies.

Hope you guys sell a lot of them! I really think this is something that's a lot more accessible to most people than Noah was, so I'm sure you'll do really well. Get your marketing done right, and you'll sell a ton of them.

Shayne

Indieanna: Integrated Solutions for the Independent Musician
http://www.indieanna.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shayne White on 2005-04-03 01:31 ]</font>
valis

Post by valis »

I'll tender an opinion and say that these devices are perhaps a good idea, they seem to target exactly the thing that makes our dsp cards inaccessible to some (for varying reasons), ease of use. Also, while I know many 'novice' electronic musicians who balk at the cost of a Pulsar2 plus devices, most of them still spend their time lusting for the likes of Novation and Access...
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

hi

i'd prefer to pay for a good update of the software and for some good high end devices sorry this is my point of view
and i doubt we can see one in the next future, anyway i hope there will be some other customer for creamware i don't need this box for myself.