Scope 4.0 / board order

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Farmerbrown

Post by Farmerbrown »

finally moved up to scope 4.0 and boy do I regret it! Nothing but trouble since the new install and I don't know where to start complaining...

I think my problem is linked to board order ( I have Pulsar I and II and SRB) I want Pulsar II to be first board. I tried putting lines in the csetini but the order stays the same. what would you do?

FB
ThomasT

Post by ThomasT »

Some Threads below a I asked a similar questions. I also don't understand the board ordering.

I thought it must be the following:
All cards in the order of windows. Means indirectly the order of pci slots.

The card in Slot 2 befort slot 3 and so on.

_But_ the newer cards came first. So I would assume that with the following configuration:

PCI 2 - Pulsar SRB
PCI 3 - Pulsar II
PCI 4 - Pulsar I

You get the order:

board0: Pulsar II
board1: Pulsar SRB
board2: Pulsar I

And know you can change this order by editing the cset.ini.

[board0]
boardid=1
[board1]
boardid=2
[board2]
boardid=0

Shall change the order to:

board0: Pulsar I
board1: Pulsar II
board2: Pulsar SRB

But that's theorie!

In praxis the behaviour seems to be unpredictable. I don't understand the logic behind this. It trial-and-error! Try to systematically change the cset.ini and look at the results. There are only 6 possibilities:

012, 021, 102, 120, 201, 210
And dont't forget to enter

[HW]
numboards=3

as discripted in the manual.
One strange thing is that

[board0]
boardid=0
[board1]
boardid=1
[board2]
boardid=2

should have no effect and simply take the default order. But I has! It changes the order!

Thomas, no idea, but it seems to work now, although I get STDM errors more often...
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

Hi FB, welcome to PZ!

This issue has been raised at least one other time, also without resolution:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 29&forum=1

I had one thought:

Did it work AOK in 3.1c and you haven't changed the physical order/location of the boards? If so, what about trying copying the relevant sections of the cset.ini file from the previous installation -> the new cset.ini file?

If the two ini files (or the relevant sections of them) are identical), then I would suggest either trying out Thomas's suggestions (experiment with different .ini file settings until you get the result you're after), else perhaps contact Creamware directly regarding this issue.

Personally, I'm still too much of a coward to upgrade to v.4 (although I downloaded it some time ago) :wink: 3.1c ain't perfect, but it's stable enough for my needs.

Royston
ThomasT

Post by ThomasT »

If you mean 3.01c, the old pulsar software, not SFP 3.1_:

Theres is one bug, I really hate:
The extern-FX inserts "forgot" their routing after leloading. Indeed they do not only forgot it but they are loaded ealier than the adat-devides an so the ins and outs could not be find and those error messages appears. 10click "ok" until the project is loaded when you insertes 5 extern FX...
at0m

Post by at0m »

For the External Effect, Source or Destination, haven't you forgotten to save the device? The project will not remember the internal connections, only the device location! If that is 'External Effect', an empty Ext Effect will be loaded...

Hope this helps, Thomas!
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
ThomasT

Post by ThomasT »

But the projects remembers the settings of other plugins, even Sonic Timeworks etc.

How do I save a device? A preset?
I'm working with pulsar for four years now, but I never had to do this.
Farmerbrown

Post by Farmerbrown »

Yes thomas I did almost exact same thing last week but nothing seemed to change until I disabledthe default windows start in pulsar and even then results aren't what you would expect.

Yes I liked 3.1 better, but it kept losing the ability to make cable connections. this was a small problem that got worse over time. very strange. so I upgraded and, as usual with CW, I regret it.

Don't get me started about sonic times works... i would like to use my now discontinued mini reverb from STW but it doesn't seem to work at all.

Oh, and then there's the spdif thing with my pulsarI. (a thread I've been following)

Thanks for all the replies.

FB
ThomasT

Post by ThomasT »

I know the spdif-in doen't work with pulsarI.
I have another partition for office stuff and there is still pulsar 2.04. Spdif in works there.

I only upgraded to 4.0 because of the newer plugins.

For the rest: see my new thread...;-(
garyb

Post by garyb »

p1 sp/dif is fine with 4.0 here....
ThomasT

Post by ThomasT »

My be. I never tried this.

SPDIF-in is useless for me when pulsar must be slave to it. I have enough inputs now.