MIDI Tuning extensions needed for all Creamware synths!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

hubird

Post by hubird »

beautifull, tho I can't say anything about the time signature, so poor I am musically, compared with them even soloing over it :smile:

I can distract kind of a two chord modulation out of it, and that's what I would try to get out of it after forcing it to a 4/4 TS, if I'd use a 'sample' like this :smile:
wayne

Post by wayne »

:smile:

Some see it as 3,2,2,3,2 with 4tuplets over the 3s and sextuplets over the 2s.

I prefer to approach it as 2,2,3,3,2,2,3 - but not counting it at all is the best way :grin:

but either way, it's uneven against both frameworks, and in practice you just treat it like a big loop anyway :wink:

Unbelievable experience when i first played this live at an outdoor festival in in Melbourne - the older Florinian/Macedonian immigrants all got up and danced to it like it was Nutbush :grin:

sorry for ot!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wayne on 2005-01-02 23:59 ]</font>
Michu

Post by Michu »

I did mention that it sounds better, and it definately does, but I wouldn't consider it essential to my music.
of course, Valis :smile:
my point was that it isn't just 'exotic' thingie, that ppl use to make things stranger :smile:
i am kinda sober and realistic about ever seeing this stuff on CW platform :wink:
Michu

Post by Michu »

Unbelievable experience when i first played this live at an outdoor festival in in Melbourne - the older Florinian/Macedonian immigrants all got up and danced to it like it was Nutbush
hehe, which reminds me my New Year party (well, part of it, it was kinda nomadic :smile:

btw, exGF of my friend used to play cello in Goran Bregovic's backing band, she told me that when it came to playing some modern odd signature stuff with orchestra, she was the only one not having problems with it :smile:
Grok

Post by Grok »

As much as I understand it, the Justonic Pitch Palette seems to go further than Hermode (see Just Intonation defined and Justonic method).

I just received a mail from the Justonic creator, Bill Gannon:
(...)
Our Mac version uses the Pitch Bend method, which is slower than the MIDI System Exclusive tuning message, but it works. It is included in version 2.0 of the PC version which will be released in a few months.
(...)
FYI...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Grok on 2005-01-04 20:40 ]</font>
caleb

Post by caleb »

I was always expecting various sequencers/hosts to take the lead in implementing support for alternative scalings and other microtonal wonders.

I know Muzys implemented microtonal support but I don't know how many others did. I also don't know how effective these kinds of implementations are.

Did the Tobybear plug-in work in the end Grok or was it not really an appropriate workaround?

I just use the simple western scaling and have a bit more to explore there before I discover beyond that. But it certainly would be nice to have it already supported properly by the time I get there. :wink:
Caleb

Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.