Grouping with the STM2448

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

annecyops

Post by annecyops »

Hey what's up Scope crew!!! I guess I'm stupid but I'm trying to make sub groups with the STM2448 mixer, but it's not really that clear to me how to do it. I've worked with alot of mixers, but sometimes you just have to get pointed in the right direction with certain things. Yeah, I'm trying to group drums, vocals and all of that, but when ever I try it I'm not getting a signal on the groups page. Can someone please tell me how to do it??
at0m

Post by at0m »

If you want to group the channels on busses, in STM2448 Master panel, Channel Page, drag the Record Bus to the bus you like. Mute the channel from the Mix, and set up the busses in Busses page of Channels' panel. You can send them to the Mix Out from there, or put different hardware outputs on them from the Project View.

Another trick with Busses: as logical cos there is no direct feedback line, if you group Ch1-12 to Bus 1, you can connect, from Project View, the Bus output to any channel not in the Group, for example ch13, and then apply fx etc before you send it to the Mix from that channel :smile: Monitor channel can be used as Bus also, or as true Stereo Aux send.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
garyb

Post by garyb »

also, you will notice in the middle of the channel page on the master strip there are two small cutaways with the buss assignment in white with black numbers showing(or the words off). you can click grab and pull to the buss setting you want.
annecyops

Post by annecyops »

Hey thanx guys, it seems like something else, but I'm going to give it a try.
Annecy