The Ultimate Reason Set-up!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

bliss000

Post by bliss000 »

I’m very happy using my Reason + Wavelab set-up. I can create music with ease on Reason, and Wavelab lets me do a decent job on the final master. But the one hole in this set-up is Reason’s mixing down performance.
I have spent the last day thinking of a good solution to the mix down problem, and I think the solution may be the Creamware Luna II soundcard. (If anyone has this card I would love your opinions on it.)

I first thought of try to find a soundcard with at least 24 Stereo outputs so I could use a good analogy mixer, but I would need to chain 4 soundcards to get that number.

The reason I think the Luna II would be the perfect solution is because with the 8x8 I/O box you can route 4 external effect processors into the card. I’m hoping you can assign an individual mixer channel in Reason to one channel on the Luna’s own virtual mixer, anyone know if this is possible? If it is I can then get some Pro effects working in reason!!

Have a good Christmas all!
www.planetbliss.co.uk - Chilled Electronic
jupiter8

Post by jupiter8 »

You can route 64 ch. from Reason to Luna and back again so that is not a problem.
at0m

Post by at0m »

I use Reason/Rebirth 'Rewired' to Cubase ( they are plugged into the VST mixer then, use common transport control, etc. so forget about sync problems :wink:
This setup is so sweet, I can use any VST and/or Pulsar fx on each individual sound, as long as I make enough ASIO busses. Big plus for that Rewire system!