WTBDWK?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

WTBDWK?

Post by Nestor »

Very interesting...

http://www.whatthebleep.com/
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
bizarre

Post by bizarre »

It is! I\ve watched it a couple of times, and I'll surely watch it again.

Something similar is "The Secret" .... without the quantum physics though ....

http://www.thesecret.tv/

which deals witrh "The law of atraction" ......
sharc

Post by sharc »

I watched this one a while back. Some really good stuff in there. I found the way it was presented a little bit irritating, but I suppose if you want to get kids interested in theoretical physics etc....
sharc

Post by sharc »

Maybe a little OT, but I like to check in on this forum every once in a while for some 'alternative' theories :

http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpB ... um.php?f=4

Some crazy ideas on there :lol:
Tau

Post by Tau »

It' a good movie, maybe a little bit too dramatical, but the ideas are good. I especially enjoyed the part about the water crystals, and how differently water reacts to prayer, music and "good/bad" vibes. That alone would be worth a movie, especially for us "musos", as it clearly shows how powerful a force music is when it comes to water-based lifeforms.

Masaru Emoto's work with water crystals can also be seen here: http://www.life-enthusiast.com/twilight ... _emoto.htm

and there's also a very good book containing the photos from the experiments. (also extraordinary is the work of Hans Jenny studying the phenomenon of vibration - search "cymatics")

"The secret" is a bit different, a bit like teaching "the secrets of success" - it's more about individual success than human consciousness. Good ideas, but I think a bit too oriented to selfish ends... (only my opinion). Kind of reminds me of a "sect" video, a lure to get people into that thought wave(you can have anything you want, be who you want to be...). Nothing wrong with the theory of attraction, but there's a lot more going on here besides each person's wishes and desires - there's the Earth, the Sun - what do they want from us? ;)

But yes, it's time to extend our mental dimensions ;) Merely thinking different can take us place we never thought existed.

Nice topic, Nestor. Cheers!

T
Tau

Post by Tau »

stardust wrote:hmmm I am wondering if it is all esoteric crap or has some teaching in.

The trailer looks lurid american discovery channel style.
It is about the 'wow' not about the 'how', is it ?
That's waht i mean... Some interesting information, but formatted to the "sitcom", consumer generation. In a way, it's just some more "control", as knowledge without freedom is just a "lab experiment" with us "mice". Still, very interesting topics covered on both movies, and, especially for us musicians or sound people, the Emoto experiences and particularly the work of Hans Jenny (which is not mentioned in the movies, btw) are of great importance, as they reveal some of the effects of sound and music (and thought / feeling) on physical structures.

Consider the possibility that "sound" could be used to alter the sub-molecular / sub-atomical structures of matter: lift great weights easily, purify large quantities of water / air, heal damaged tissues... this is just the tip of the iceberg, since "music", more than just "sound" also serves as a structure or director for human imagination and a doorway to feeling.

Jenny, just like Tesla, made great discoveries that could be used to really solve the needs of humanity- no wonder it is considered of "no importance" and generally ignored or put out as sectarian pseudo-esoteric rubbish you find appealing, but hard to believe.

Besides, science has recently found THE ANSWER TO WORLD HUNGER: cloned meat.

T
sharc

Post by sharc »

Tau wrote:Besides, science has recently found THE ANSWER TO WORLD HUNGER: cloned meat.
:o I do hope that was meant as a joke.

I've got to admit that I really don't understand any possible reason supporting animal cloning for food production. Seems to me that the deeper you dig for any benefit this might bring to the world (ie. GM eradication of disease) the more potential for a catastrophe. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.
Tau

Post by Tau »

Well, I was also hoping it was a joke when they announced it in the news :o But it really is true, cloned meat has been approved for human consumption in the USA as a "means to put an end to world hunger". At last, enough cows to chew on, maybe with built in medication that keeps you healthy and wise?

In my post, it was irony :wink: just to show how different the vectors of possibility and interest are in our society...
sharc

Post by sharc »

Yes, once again it just goes to show how gullible they think we all are :x

BTW - I wonder how much of a pay-off it took for GWB to make THAT U-turn :roll:
garyb

Post by garyb »

...as if the reason that people are starving is because of lack of food. :lol:

gullible is right....
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

garyb wrote:...as if the reason that people are starving is because of lack of food. :lol:

gullible is right....
So true Gary... so true... My country for instance, has enough free space and superb quality earth, water and air, to nurture the whole humanity if properly used: I'm talking about the virgin Argentina
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*