"Cannot Start Creamware Installer (Error Code 0004)"

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

flux

Post by flux »

Greetings Pulsarians, hope everyone is well.

Am attempting to make the plunge to XP, but having problems installing SFP (any version) for my Pulsar II.

I have installed the latest ASPI layers, tried manually pointing to the drivers, let XP find them, tried out the Standard PC method, but in every case I get the Hardware 30 message upon reboot, followed by the "Cannot Start Creamware Installer (Error Code 0004)" message. I get the same messages when I then try to execute the Setup file manually too.

The weird thing is that when I then uninstall the driver whilst in this state (of those messages) the installation tries to proceed, although obviously there is no driver for the card anymore, and the SFP message box says no Creamware Card present.

Any ideas people? Have been trying to sort this out two days solid now, but am going round in circles. My MOBO is a CUSL-2c.

My Pulsar II works fine on my other Win98SE partition.

Any help/suggestions would be truly appreciated!

Thanks
flux

Post by flux »

After changing a few PCI cards around and then disabling PNP in the BIOS the installation went fine.

It is working fine in ACPI mode, would it be better to change to Standard PC?

Thanks
interloper

Post by interloper »

You can't really disable all features of ACPI unless you do a fresh install. Even though you might turn off some of the software options, some ACPI functions remain. If it's working ok, don't sweat it.