Can this be done in cubase?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Liquid EDGE

Can this be done in cubase?

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Can you have one midi channel outputing to two or more midi channels?

Some times i duplicate the exact same midi notes etc to another track and send to another device, for what ever reason, layered sound or re- triggering filter lfo's that are aplied to original sound. The draw back to this is that if you want to edit anything you have to do it to both. It's a bit of a pain tbh. I'm sure i remember being able to do "Ghost" Copies of parts that when the orignial is edited the ghost copies are also edited the same.

anyhows, anyone here know how to do either "Ghost" Copies, or get a single midi track to output to two or more midi channels, with in cubase?
Liquid EDGE

Re: Can this be done in cubase?

Post by Liquid EDGE »

i also mean sending one midi track to multiple midi ports.
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

You could make the MIDI channels all active so you incoming source will play them.
Do you mean the output of Cubase Midi?
garyb

Post by garyb »

the easy way would be to just duplicate the track and then have the duplicated track go to a different output.
dante

Post by dante »

I'm not at DAW at the moment to test, but isnt it ALT-SHIFT-DRAG ? (may depend what version you're running)

...or alternatively enable Link Editors in Prefs then Shift-click to select both parts then double-click one to open them both in one key editor.
maky325

Post by maky325 »

Cubase folder track? You put two of your synth's or whatever in the same folder in sequencer. http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/may05/a ... enotes.htm but there are more advanced tutorials which will give you what you want..
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

Cheers for the responses guys. Found the answer i was looking for over on "dogs on Acid" forum.

"channel settings"--> use the "midi send", just leave the effect slot blank and select the output port/channel. haven't used this feature extensively but seems to do the trick.

@ Dante. Cool. will try those out for doing ghost copies
valis

Post by valis »

Liquid EDGE wrote:Cheers for the responses guys. Found the answer i was looking for over on "dogs on Acid" forum.
Hah, I'm assuming you mean the producer's subforum, The Grid. Check the mod list at the top, might see a familiar nick there.... :D