S|C new Website, Release of SCOPE XITE-1 D and v5.1

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: S|C new Website, Release of SCOPE XITE-1 D and v5.1

Post by dawman »

Excellent idea using STS in this way. I also was hoping to see this happen but gave up on it long ago as I didn't see SC showing any interest.
You use ESC and convert GIga too, cool.
I use Bidule but really wished I could use several instances of Kontakt in standalone, but Bidule will have to do.
VDAT needs some fixing too, so SC definately has come big chores ahead of them if they are intersted in a total transormation of everything that use to work...
I do have faith, but as we say in Vegas,..........The SHow Must GO On.
starcorp

Post by starcorp »

RecS wrote:
erminardi wrote: XTC! Holger, XTC is also an important thing for a lot of Scope users (and for a seriuos UAD/etc. competition) ;)
A common interface to load VST in the editing of all in real time, with the host program opened, instead of having to prepare every time a XTC project offline.
With the possibility to also upload the Modular patches in VSTi mode as common XTC devices.
And of course bugfixes for far too long that have never been made.

Cool :)
SDK next availability is a very good news!!!
+500
XTC! Holger, XTC!!!! :)
+1000
XTC hurry hurry , give me xtc and curry!
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Excellent idea using STS in this way. I also was hoping to see this happen but gave up on it long ago as I didn't see SC showing any interest.
I use Bidule but really wished I could use several instances of Kontakt in standalone, but Bidule will have to do.
VDAT needs some fixing too, so SC definately has come big chores ahead of them if they are intersted in a total transormation of everything that use to work...
Hell! what´s the bug with VDAT on 5.1 now?
dante

Post by dante »

Would STS really be viable without the ability to load large streaming libraries ? without this, we would just fall back to Kontakt etc anyway wouldnt we ?

Why not S|C drop an SSD drive into an XITE (there should be plenty of room after removal of 6 DSP) and give Scope sample players that can read the big libraries downloaded onto SSD on project startup or at will ? ( Would probably have to be a joint venture with the streaming guys.....)

Until then the crappy Native processing of big samples VS great DSP processing of small samples divide will always exist.

Also SSD keeps its content between powerups doesnt it ? Imagine that for live - turn on your live rig but the Kontakt SSD's are still loaded - inside the XITE - same as yesterdays gigs. No bus transfers from host required. Call it the XITE-GP (GigaProteus) or the XITE-K (Kontakt) if you like...

Oh, and bonus - it still does all the other stuff that Scope does as well.

That would basically wrap up the market wouldn't it ?
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

lagoausente wrote:
XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Excellent idea using STS in this way. I also was hoping to see this happen but gave up on it long ago as I didn't see SC showing any interest.
Hell! what´s the bug with VDAT on 5.1 now?
Not sure about 32 Bit operation, but the SCOPE XITE 5.1 on a 64 Bit machine - VDAT does not work.
- At least for me - no sound from previously saved projects
- VDAT won't slave to VRC
- Cannot sync via Midi or ASIO clock (at least that is so into Cubase 5.5.1)
dawman

Post by dawman »

I can record and playback which is OK for now, but no sync w/ VRC-S and MIDI is correctamundo.
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:I can record and playback which is OK for now, but no sync w/ VRC-S and MIDI is correctamundo.
Same here on the pci version, record playback fine, not well sync with Cubase. Cubase starts but don´t obey stop.
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Que Me estas matando....... :lol:
Well, It´s no so bad, i¨m not as angry as before. It comnes with a nice ambience reverb :wink:
Wired

5.0 to 5.1 is 82 euro

Post by Wired »

someone posted its only 4.5 to 5.1, but the site says 5-5.1 upgrade is 82 euro
poida

Post by poida »

i thought v5->5.1 was free?? and 4.5 -> 5/5.1 was fee based? i guess i read wrong.

Shouldn't there be a bug fix list somewhere? or even a change log? So it's basically 98euro for the 64bit driver? Surely it's best practice to have a change log with new versions. I wouldn't be surprised if they released v5.5 in the future and fix/add squat, just to keep all those S|C fanatics 'happy' - yes get taken for a ride on the pink unicorn to the great fairy land of mass delusion.

I probably shouldn't have bothered to even beta test 5.1 and submit my bug list. Screw trying to help out next time. Like many others there are many bugs that have been ignored or not fixed.

Pay 98 euro for a driver? yeah right. I can understand if the application had new features, performance tweaks, UI, bug fixes, maybe a new device or two. But then again knowing S|C, they cant be upfront with what's new, come on and lets see a change log. None of this dodgey business. Wanna take customers for a ride? well sorry i rather walk...
dante

Post by dante »

As I understand it, v5->5.1 is free for XITE owners. 4.5 -> 5.0 was free. I paid to go from 4.0 -> 5.0 which was a great deal.

That means that PCI owners are subsidising the 64 bit upgrade to 5.1, which is fair enough if you want to run a 10 year old PCI card on 64 bit O/S, given that all PCI cards are now officially discontinued except the 3DSP ones ( Luna etc ).

I suppose if I was niggly I could complain that I have 2 x LUNA's which arent discontinued therefore I should get upgrade free. But I dont think that way, I just think if I want to run this 10 year old stuff on 64 bit then Im happy to have contributed to the development.

That is, if I can be excused from the 107 euros freight for something thats actually a download :lol:
View ScopeRise latest issue at www.hitfoundry.com
dawman

Post by dawman »

I want to buy the Pink Unicorn Synth but cannot find it on the ftp. site.
Is it included in the Synths & Sampler package...?
Is it 64bit. I don't like the sounds of 32bit synths.
Can the Unicorns' horn have MIDI CC's attached for joystick controls..?

I sure hope I can use it with XBox Kinnect or PS3.
I like hitting the synth ZAPP sounds with my feet so I can have both hands on my Tron controller.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

:lol:
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
pwhitmaker

Post by pwhitmaker »

Got the keyfile yesterday.
Finally I can use my boards on 64 bit.
Seems to work fine except a "problem" window coming up on the samples.
Pulsar+Pulsar II+Scope v5.1, Cubase 4, PC Win7 64 bit.
poida

Post by poida »

I heard Ralf was returning as the pink unicorn. Can anyone confirm the rumours?
Polarity

Post by Polarity »

Anyone know how much will be the 5.1 upgrade after Christmas Offer ends?
At the moment I'm not sure if I will get Windows 7 and pass to it during this month.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

98 euros IMO is enough for a new driver.. hope that's definitive price.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
pwhitmaker

Post by pwhitmaker »

On the website it says: Normal price: 129,- EUR incl. 19% VAT
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

:cry: