Old projects not loaded in Scope 5 - clumsily worked around

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Fede

Old projects not loaded in Scope 5 - clumsily worked around

Post by Fede »

Some old projects (v4.x) won't be loaded even after successfully re-importing the key-file for every device in the project. Is there a workaround?
Has anyone already reported this problem to SonicCore?

Fede
Last edited by Fede on Sat May 08, 2010 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyb

Re: Old projects not loaded in Scope 5

Post by garyb »

i haven't had any problem with old projects. be sure that your v4 folder is renamed if you left it on the hard drive otherwise your old projects will try to load devices from there, which will make trouble.
maky325

Post by maky325 »

Fede wrote:Some old projects (v4.x) won't be loaded even after successfully re-importing the key-file for every device in the project. Is there a workaround?
Has anyone already reported this problem to SonicCore?

Fede
I've had some. Find some older post. I've found workaround for my case. Try it..(i think it does not have anything with keys)
Fede

Post by Fede »

Thanks guys, I've renamed the old folder and it seems to do better, It doesn't require anymore the keys except for Meterbridge... after I import the key for meterbridge it says "Nil reference on left side of '.'" and scope stops loading again.
I' ve found some thread were it was said to remove the meterbridge from the scope 5 folder, and I've renamed it, but nothing has changed... :(

Fede
Attachments
null pointer?
null pointer?
untitled.jpg (4.82 KiB) Viewed 1544 times
Fede

Post by Fede »

Well... I did go back to 4.5, opened the project and deleted the meterbridge in the project -> saved... changed back drivers -> renamed folders again and then Yes finally it loaded in v5.
But I cannot do this every time, I hope to find a better work around.

Fede
garyb

Re: Old projects not loaded in Scope 5 - clumsily worked around

Post by garyb »

isn't the meterbridge a freebie 3rd party device? most of those work, but if one doesn't, is it that big of a surprise?(i'm sure it's that big of a pain, though)
wouterz

Re: Old projects not loaded in Scope 5 - clumsily worked around

Post by wouterz »

I had some problems loading 4.5 projects (which contained a meterbridge) in Scope 5. I sent the request string to Sonic Core and they sent me an activation Key. Now the projects load fine. I also renamed my old Scope 4.5 installation directory and I had to recreate my external devices in Scope 5. All 33 of them ;)