Which plugins?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Mary Mungo

Which plugins?

Post by Mary Mungo »

I don't know if this someone has asked this before, if so please point me in the right direction but....

What would be the ideal plugins for Scope from those available?
and
What would be the ideal software instruments outside the Scope environment, from those available now?

As you can tell I'm looking to expand my sound pallette and I'm confused by the wealth of options available. I know this depends on my working methods and the end result I wish to acheive but I would like to build up a broad base with which to explore.
Any help is appreciated, many thanks in advance for your replies
Liquid Len

Re: Which plugins?

Post by Liquid Len »

This is one of those opinion threads, eh? These are the (non-stock) plugins I couldn't do without.

Sonic Timeworks P100 reverb (which comes bundled with a high quality ChorusDelay!) - for the best non-hardware reverb I have heard. It sounds much better than any other DSP reverb, scope's Masterverb Pro, the UAD card's plate reverb, don't even come close. It gives a real feeling of reverberation, it never adds muddiness and clutter.

Psy-Q - very nice EQ / enhancer.

Orbitone Vorb - a fantastic sounding vocoder. there is an x/y control that lets you choose the formants in a very precise way, very easily.

Adern Flexor - extensions to Modular III - great sounding stuff, and some very useful components.

Celmo's Tape Echo Simulator - I don't know how close this is to an echoplex sound, but it sounds good anyways.

For non-Creamware :
I have a UAD card too, and I have the two roland choruses, which are outstanding, and the 1073 Neve EQ plugin (drool). Native Instrument's Battery is a decent drum plugin. I use cubase but mix in scope, I'm assuming you could do the same with other sequencer apps (bypass the mixer) but don't know this for sure.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Let me throw in SpaceF's Blackbox II. I suggest you read a bit about it, but in (very) few words it is a collection of devices for scope, effects,some useful mixers, synths and whatnot. Good support and a nice dude to deal with.
astroman

Post by astroman »

'outside Scope environment...' in the sense of native code ? VST and standalone ?
Crusher-X is an interesting granular processing environment
Devine-Machine drum/groove processor and the Krishna synth
Native Instrument's FM8
would be my favourites

cheers, Tom

ps: on Scope you wouldn't want to miss the SonicTimeworks A100 'Ambience'
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

next to nothing wrote:Let me throw in SpaceF's Blackbox II. I suggest you read a bit about it, but in (very) few words it is a collection of devices for scope, effects,some useful mixers, synths and whatnot. Good support and a nice dude to deal with.
`nuff said!
Throttler

Post by Throttler »

Liquid Len wrote:Sonic Timeworks P100 reverb (which comes bundled with a high quality ChorusDelay!) - for the best non-hardware reverb I have heard. It sounds much better than any other DSP reverb, scope's Masterverb Pro, the UAD card's plate reverb, don't even come close. It gives a real feeling of reverberation, it never adds muddiness and clutter.
Hey Liquid Len, how would you compare it to Plate140 from UAD? Do you think you could post some samples? Thanx in advance.