Why is so hard to get a distributor in US??

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

snoopy4ever

Post by snoopy4ever »

Hello Pulsarians!!

The other day I was In Atlanta visiting places like Guitar Center and Mars Music. I had only one day to buy my music tech stuff, and of course a CW card. On the CW web site the Guitar Center is clearly a Distributor for CW. BUT they said they did not distribute CW, the same on Mars Music. Of course the only card they offered was the TC Power Core, which I think is too expensive and does not brings comparative features as the CW pulsar. Why??? I don't get it.

I think the next time I'll have to go to Us I'll have to call in advance 1 month early or so.. Anyone with the right place and the right people information please give a hint here.

Peace.
garyb

Post by garyb »

name brands sold in the u.s. is always controlled by the thought mafia.
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

Well, as a patron of both Guitar Center and Mars Music, just make sure you get the salesperson to really look in their computer inventory. Sometimes these people don't know what they've got in their own warehouses. A little insistence is good. It took me a month to get a Creamware card out of Guitar Center several years ago when they first stocked them. Then they blew them out and stopped stocking them and now they've just started restocking them. And Creamware is not an American brand, it's more a European thing so if it isn't familiar from US Media, the salespeople at Guitar Center probably don't know about it.
garyb

Post by garyb »

it's not foremost in the mind. online,infinite vortex is a good choice.(our very own subhuman)if you're near orange,ca you could try pro music exchange.
dblbass

Post by dblbass »

second that.

all of us on this site really owe alot to sub, and directing a bit of business his way seems a fitting reward to his efforts to help the pulsar community.

bet he'll offer a competitive price too!

my next DSP add-on will be from Infinite Vortex!

[the preceding has been an unsolicited, unpaid promotional announcement :wink: ]
snoopy4ever

Post by snoopy4ever »

Thanks for your comments!!!

If this people (Infinte Vortex) are that good..and offer good prices.. please, where can I contact them????

peace
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

http://www.infinitevortex.com is allways worth a try. If that does not work - please come back :wink:

/me thinks he is very funny and hopes noone gets offended.
mano

Post by mano »

I just bought an A16 Ultra from Subhuman ( http://www.infinitevortex.com ), it should be delivered today or tomorrow (he sent me the tracking number) :smile: buy your stuff from him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mano1.com on 2002-02-26 13:16 ]</font>
samuel40

Post by samuel40 »

i agree with the comments here i am going to buy my next computer and a16 ultra from sub. i am in saving mode right now and can't wait to get my new equipment. but supporting sub should go without saying. i have only been here a little while and he has been extremely helpfull why would i want anyone else building a system for me???
at0m

Post by at0m »

damn right you are!
at0m

Post by at0m »

Why is so hard to get a distributor in US??
Ever tried to find one that wants to ship outside of the US?

My only experience is with http://www.novamusic.com, from whom I bought my second AMT8 :lol:
dxl

Post by dxl »

On 2002-02-25 09:54, snoopy4ever wrote:
Hello Pulsarians!!

The other day I was In Atlanta visiting places like Guitar Center and Mars Music. I had only one day to buy my music tech stuff, and of course a CW card. On the CW web site the Guitar Center is clearly a Distributor for CW. BUT they said they did not distribute CW, the same on Mars Music. Of course the only card they offered was the TC Power Core, which I think is too expensive and does not brings comparative features as the CW pulsar. Why??? I don't get it.

I think the next time I'll have to go to Us I'll have to call in advance 1 month early or so.. Anyone with the right place and the right people information please give a hint here.

Peace.
can't you see the reason?
and TC u can get for 990USD
UAD-1 u can get it for 700USD
and they are way easier to find
dxl

Post by dxl »

i think, Drivers not stable on many system, compatibility ..............err
support is really bad for a long time, but now they should start to reply some Mails.
they blame costomers for asking question because we not reading the support data(yet, many answers no there, very true), and lied to us that they replied emails. (so obvious, they are not responsible)
they even give warning for people complaining bout bugs.
many bugs never be solved for 2 years, then they just tell you to get a new device............... what the.......... all true.

and the Effects, before v3 they are totally toys, now.... just very OK. seriously if you don't believe go try to compare with UAD-1 and TCpowercore, creamware's not at same level as other 2 DSPcards, many users admit those even few dealers............ damn.......... for the money....
synths are good, but can ur DSP handle thoes?
damn....... it's so powerless.
for some pro quality synths in Pulsar2 (6DSP), 6,10voices max............ nothing else... but the synth and the mixer only. Oh you can get urself a Scope or power pulsar(15DSP) yet for that money. think befoer you buy. Now creamware isn't money wise anymore.

Creamware should write somethig like the other companys, " how many XX devices can be run on on DSP card etc."

and creamware lied on their ads about the DSP power, the actual power for PulsarI is equal to Pentium2 700 only(creamware admit that) yet what is on the ads? 480mhz per one DSP????

for people want to get a XTC, it's a big NoNo(XTC mode in pulsar2----- DSP limit problem can't be sovled), only if you have a Creamware Luna, other wise you will be very unhappy.
However, if some one tells you creamware is good because the Free routin system, oh yar right?, why not other people develop tbat? copy right? don't think so. and how many people making music with Creamware's? the answer is, it's won't matter that much to have the extra feture or not. (let your eyes feel better fore sure)

at last, hope Creamware would hire some good business people for operate their company, otherwise.......
there are so many strange staff's strange responding...... people might defend that's because they don't have very much people in their company, then.. they should hair more pepole inorder to get to the quality we all expect for that money.

Oh any, i felt they are more focuse on getting money from your pocket, not ur mind.
however, See howmany Store are selling creamware's compare to other brands, how many online store u can find Creamware's?
the factor might be their attitude. who knows.

*****BUT*****
http://www.infinitevortex.com
should be the only normal creamware dealer you can find, who knows what they are selling and really supporting his costomers, and at the best price,
so Good luck!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dxl on 2002-02-26 21:56 ]</font>