Windows Media Player and Games with Pulsar 2

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

flux

Post by flux »

I've had the Pulsar 2 about a year now, and only now gotten around to the forums. Has anyone else been having problems with more normal indows usage with Pulsar 2? When I play music videos etc. in Windows Media Player sometimes the music speeds up to double speed or keeps cutting in and out. I think that Pulsar 2 is the problem, is there something i should be doing in the configuration.
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

I had a couple of problem like this, and i solved them by reinstalling latest directX... Some have not been able to fix this way, but i have.
flux

Post by flux »

Thanks for the reply. I just installed DirectX 8.1 (the latest), and the problem got slightly better, but it's still happening, any other ideas?
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

DirectMedia update? :grin: (for DvD playing at least)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marcuspocus on 2002-02-09 18:40 ]</font>
flux

Post by flux »

Thanks. What's direct media? Would i have it already? Where can i get an update for it?
doodyrh

Post by doodyrh »

I've been having some trouble with Media Jukebox and RealPlayer. Don't know whether it's the card or the apps. A couple of times I had sound at half speed or lower. Often I get a continuous looped split second segment of sound especially at the end of playing an MP3 or on pause.
I've posted this at the Media Jukebox forum too.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Realplayer is just crap, full of ads, previously full of spyware, forcing itself into your startup - beware of installing this on a professional DAW! UltraPlayer will play RealAudio files and it's much better behaved - plus no ads. The 'sped up' sound from certain audio programs seems to be an extremely low quality sample rate that isn't getting properly upsampled.
doodyrh

Post by doodyrh »

On 2002-02-11 11:07, subhuman wrote:
Realplayer is just crap
Tell me about crap. I hate it with a vengeance. And thanks to UltraPlayer it's already gone. Good tip :grin:
As a Pom (trying not to be a whin[ge]ing hound) in Germany I get BBC on the internet and guess what format that's in. I thought RealPlayer had the monopoly on it.

But pausing during MP3 playback has the same result in UltraPlayer, ie. dadadadadadadadadada..... repeated split-second sample. Not the end of the world, but I'm beginning to suspect Pulsar.
johnwho

Post by johnwho »

It also happends with Luna 2. When pausing mediaplayer it loops and I get pops and crackels and!!!!. So it must be Creamware. But then again its recomended not to use mediaplayer on DAW's. But I like mediaplayer What can a man do then???? Dont hold the answer. The strangest thing is last time I used the computer it suddently stopped doing that strange loop thing and it didn't pop or anything??? Don't get it. Now it's back again with a vengence. By the way my system specs is: Athlon XP 1800+, Asus A7V266-E Raid, 512MB DDR ram, Pulsar 1, Luna 2, Gforce3 TI500, 2 IBM Harddrives (GXP 60GB and 40GB). And I downloaded all new drivers, bios and Via shit (4in1 driver and latency patch) + I spend some time tweaking my operating system (WinXP Pro). I run Cubase 5.1r1, Nuendo 1.53 and Wavelab 4.0. I can load 3 masterverbs with my Luna 2 alone so I dont think its my system ( I now its a Via KT266A). HELP solving this problem is needed. Thanx